Question

Cannot upload images for tracks

• 31 January 2015
  • 20 replies

I have been able to upload tracks but not images for the tracks. I have verified my email via the link. How can I resolve this issue?

20 replies

I can't upload or change my images either. It does nothing when I click to upload something.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi guys,

Thank your for posting on the forum and apologies about the troubles here. Hmm, let's see. First of all, please make sure that the image file is not larger then 2MB. If nothing happens when you click on "Choose new image", then this might be something that can be sorted easily through a bunch of basic steps. We've outlined basic troubleshooting here.

If this does not sort out the issue, please take a screenshot of what you're seeing and send it over so we can make sure to investigate further from here. Also, if you want, we can go ahead and try to update the image for you from here (which will also help to see if we can reproduce from here). Attach the image in your response, let me know which track it is that you want to update, and we'll take another shot at this.

Cheers,
Mathis
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I upload a photo specific to my piece, it saves, but then disappears. And then my....

individual photos uploaded (and apparently saved) disappear occasionally, or permanently, or randomly, usually replaced with my main proflle pic instead - or no pic. Why?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I upload a photo specific to my piece, it saves, but then disappears. And then my....

individual photos uploaded (and apparently saved) disappear occasionally, or permanently, or randomly, usually replaced with my main proflle pic instead - or no pic. Why?

Hi there Seanfoc,

Not sure if we were able to grasp the full details of your issue here - are you referring to your images disappearing on SoundCloud.com, or is this something that happens when you share your tracks to Facebook or Twitter and/or other social networks? If the latter is the case, then this might be due to cashing on the networks' ends. If not so, please make sure to try the basic troubleshooting steps mentioned before.

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Mathis

on soundcloud... I had to go back in several times and reload/upload the specific photo after it disappeared...
Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi Seanfoc,

Thanks for clarifying this and for the follow up. Glad you've been able to sort this out, yet going back multiple times sure isn't ideal. Hmm, quite strange. I'm right now handling a handful of cases where image uploads aren't working for users, yet the number of cases isn't crazy, so I'm wondering if there might be a pattern.

Either way, Just to have this fully written out here rather then just linking to it, here goes the list of basic troubleshooting just for reference in case someone else lands on this conversation:

To start fresh, please clear your browser's cache and cookies, close the browser window, and open a new one. As a temporary alternative and for issue-isolation purposes, you can choose the private browsing mode of your browser (e.g., Chrome's incognito mode).

Next, please follow these steps:
  • Check and see that you have the latest version of Flash installed (http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer).
  • If you've installed any plugins (AdBlock, Flashblock, HTTPS everywhere, etc.) on your browser, please disable them, as this may help. Plugins can sometimes block SoundCloud from working properly. Additionally, please disable or allow for an exemption on any pop up blocker, firewall, or antivirus on your computer.
  • In the event that you are still experiencing difficulties, you may also want to try a different browser (Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc.) to see if the issue continues. This way we can confirm whether or not this is a local issue on your browser.
Cheers
Mathis
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled My Picture Doesn't fit in.

My Picture is 640 pixels 60 kb but still it doesn't fit in the song avatar.... Help

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled My Picture Doesn't fit in.

My Picture is 640 pixels 60 kb but still it doesn't fit in the song avatar.... Help

Hi there,

From what I can see, it looks like you managed to upload the image to your track (or at least a slightly edited version of the image that you attached here). If you need further assistance, let us know.

Cheers
Mathis

Checked help and forum but can't find why the update image for profile and track does not work
iPad
Safari
Tried app but can't see this option under profile
How can I make this work?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi Sidefx,

Changing your profile or track image is currently not a feature we provide on our mobile site or app. You can currently do so with a web browser on a computer only.

The real question is, why SC still haven't managed to provide this function on the mobile site or at least in the App? Every mobile site like FB, twitter and EVEN THIS SITE provides this feature. Only soundcloud not. I asked about this issue a year ago and the answer is still the same. I don't like to use a PC anymore and I never miss it except when it comes to soundcloud 😞
Hi, I don't seem to be able to update the image on a Soundcloud group that I moderate. Everytime I try I get the error shown in the image.

I have tried resizing the image, using jpg and gif formats, have made sure that it is under 2mb, have tried disabling adblock, used two different computers, attempted with both Chrome, Chrome incognito and Explorer but still no go. Can you help? The group is this one: https://soundcloud.com/groups/sydney-drum-bass-mixes

Userlevel 1
Hi, I don't seem to be able to update the image on a Soundcloud group that I moderate. Everytime I try I get the error shown in the image.

I have tried resizing the image, using jpg and gif formats, have made sure that it is under 2mb, have tried disabling adblock, used two different computers, attempted with both Chrome, Chrome incognito and Explorer but still no go. Can you help? The group is this one: https://soundcloud.com/groups/sydney-drum-bass-mixes

I'm having the same problem adding any image to our group page. Same error message. Images that I'm trying are 1100x1100 pixels, under 2Mb. I've tried different browsers, and images in jpg and png. Nothing working.
Hi guys,

Thank your for posting on the forum and apologies about the troubles here. Hmm, let's see. First of all, please make sure that the image file is not larger then 2MB. If nothing happens when you click on "Choose new image", then this might be something that can be sorted easily through a bunch of basic steps. We've outlined basic troubleshooting here.

If this does not sort out the issue, please take a screenshot of what you're seeing and send it over so we can make sure to investigate further from here. Also, if you want, we can go ahead and try to update the image for you from here (which will also help to see if we can reproduce from here). Attach the image in your response, let me know which track it is that you want to update, and we'll take another shot at this.

Cheers,
Mathis

hey mathis,

i have the same problem and this happened again and again in the last year. mostly it could be solved by changing the browser but now even that does not work anymore. can you help?

here is the jpeg i wanted to upload. it is the cover our new release and i want this to be added as the image for the upload "Slick City Shit! - 15 Years Switchstance".

Thanks!

I'm having the same problem, same error message.
Can you please try to upload the jpeg for me ? I'm getting crazy on this !!
here's the jpeg

and here's the url for the song : https://soundcloud.com/millenium-mambo/umeda
thank you very very much for your help !
I just started having this same problem. New images added to new tracks are NOT saving. I've tried on multiple computers and on multiple browsers. No go. Please advise.
Hi there!
I'm having the same issue. Tried differents Browsers, updates Flash, deactivated plugins....

This is one of the tracks where it doesn't work:
https://soundcloud.com/carolin-otzelberger/teleclass-erfolg-280916-carolin-otzelbergermp3

Yo so I know this thread is from over 3 years ago but idk what else to do, I'm having the same issue with a profile picture, where my image will not upload but will instead show a box with the soundcloud default profile colour fade image, with an option to cancel/save at the bottom. After pressing save it shows 'saving...' for an eternity and does not update the image. size isn't larger than 2mb, and is larger than 1000x1000 res. I have also tried using three different browsers, clearing all cookies and cached data, three different devices and removing all extensions, as well as creating a new profile completely just in order to see whether there was something wrong with my main account.

here is the image i wanna have as my profile pichttps://imgur.com/e0Qn2gb
OK, that's it.

Wow, this is incredible, my track image has not showed up in 24h! I posted the track yesterday, along with the image, I noticed it did not show, tried again, and again, and decided to give it the night ; This morning, nothing.

https://soundcloud.com/yassinphilip/giletsjaunes-master

The track's promo is ruined, haha, it's so catastrophic it's ridiculous, bordering on comical 😃 I never though I'd have that kind of PB on SC, this is bonkers. So, I guess this is goodbye, we're moving to greener pastures, you must understand that a musician cannot host music w/o any image, I don't even want to talk about it. B-bye.
Hi all,
also cannot upload images for tracks, even if they're small!
Can anybody help me?
Here it is url for the song https://soundcloud.com/crocodile1-259880573
And this is the image, thanks!