Question

Cant monetize tracks

• 10 May 2019
  • 2 replies

"t looks like you're already monetizing content with a label or distributor. The SoundCloud Premier program is for original music that is not already licensed to a label or distributor. Please contact your label/distributor if you have questions." after finally renewing my membership but ive never been apart of a label or distributor im confused to why im getting this, i cant change anything because i dont even know who is saying they own my music. it sucks that im left in the dark about my own music how can someone else own my original content? if its a problem with a lease or sample id be more than happy to de-monitize however its happening to all my songs. If anyone has any answers please reply asap

2 replies

Hi!

To check your eligibility for SoundCloud Premier you can go to soundcloud.com/you/premier after logging into your account.

To be eligible for SoundCloud Premier the criteria are:

- You must be an independent creator of original music (at this time we cannot accept mixes or podcast content)

- You must have zero copyright strikes at the time you enroll. You would have received an email from us if you have a copyright strike. Please note, copyright strikes expire within 12 months.

- You must be a SoundCloud Pro or Pro Unlimited subscriber

- You must have 1,000 monetizable streams coming from at least one of these eligible countries: US, UK, Canada, Australia, France, Germany, Ireland, The Netherlands, New Zealand

- Humans are listening to your tracks (bot streams will not be counted)

- API and embedded plays are not counted

We will be opening up the programme to more Creators in the near future so keep it up and we hope to see you on the programme soon! We hope this clarifies but please let us know if there are further questions.

Hope this help 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi @throwingliquid ,

I just came across this topic and checked your account from our end. Even if this is an old case - may I ask what you ended up doing in order to sort this out? I can see that you've joined the premier program properly now, which is great, but I would like to know all about the bumpy road you had to take to get you there.

All the best
Mathis