Question

Cant upload track image

When i upload a new song it upload alright but when i add an image to the track it said image uploading failed

26 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Dj Yannick,

Thanks for getting in touch and sorry for the inconvenience. We had a bug with track deletions earlier today that unfortunately affected image uploading. We just published a fix that addressed both of these issues, can you refresh your window and give it another try please?

Let me know if the issues persists.

Best,
Gina
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Image Upload Problem.

I have been trying for a few hours to upload an image to a track. I have tried deleting my cookies, restarting my computer, downsizing the image, and NOTHING is working. I just keep getting the "Error uploading image" notification. Is anyone else experiencing the same problem?
I'm having the same problem. Trying to replace a previously uploaded image on a track and it keeps returning an error. I turned off my pop-up blocker, but that didn't work. Oddly, the new photo shows up as uploaded, but as soon as I try to share it, the new photo disappears and the old one shows up in its place.
Same here. been trying for about a week now.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Stranglez wrote:

Hi there everyone,

May I ask if this is still an issue? If so, are you're seeing an error message of which you could do a screenshot? Also, if this is still failing even though you've tried all available troubleshooting steps outlined here, you can attach the image and name the track URL here so we can take a closer look at this, try to update this for you from here and investigate further.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Cheers,
Mathis
Stranglez wrote:

I do have this problem too, extremely annoying.
I have tried anything to reset/restart the process of uploading, even changed computer two times but still the same error message.

Even old images, used on other songs, get the same message...
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Stranglez wrote:

Hi,

I had a look at your profile and all your images load ok for me. What track images are not loading for you in this screenshot?

-Gina
Stranglez wrote:

how do i correct the issue,with uploading images
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Stranglez wrote:

Hi H-Rap bey,

Can you let us know a few more details about your specific issue? Also, have you tried the troubleshooting steps outlined above?

Also, is your image lower then 2MB in file size?

Cheers
Mathis
Stranglez wrote:

I cannot upload image to track. I get no error message, there is just no upload happening. Have had same problems for months now. Just posted new track but image will not add.
Stranglez wrote:

Image size is 800x800, jpeg, just the same as I used to do in the days when upload worked. Is there a bug?
Hi there,

I have the same problem. I uploaded a track and wanted to change the track image but it didn't work. The image size is 800x800, its lower then 2MB and its a PNG-file but i still get the error notification when i click on the save button. Do you have any ideas what the problem is?

greets
Oziak
Stranglez wrote:

anyone having trouble uploading a track photo still? I am about to stab myself with a pen here. I have tried EVERYTHING. Jpegs.Png's. 1000x1000. 800x800. still no luck! HELP PLEASE!!!!
I am having the same issue. Can't upload my track art. It's now reduced to 450x450 px and still nothing. I've tried chrome and firefox. Help is greatly appreciated.
I have exactly the same problem, an image I use a lot has not been able to be uploaded for three months now. For me images which are taken on my phone and saved to my computer can not now be uploaded to soundcloud but other pics can, so frustrating, I contacted SC today and waiting for reply...
I had this problem, too, with a JPEG image which I had created in Corel Photo Paint. In this case I could upload the image after opening it in Microsoft paint and saving it again in the JPEG format. So, it may depend on the JPEG settings you use. Try opening your artwork in another program and save it again.
Dirk
I keep having this same problem for all of my tracks. Whats the deal???
I'm having issue uploading cover images. I'm getting a "Error saving. Please try again." message. I tried different browsers, file types, and images sizes. I even tried to screenshot the image and upload it. Same result.
My .jpg image is over 800x800 and smaller than 2MB. I've flattened it again in PS. Changed color. Flattened. Imported it into Preview and re-exported it as a .jpg. I'm going insane.

I've tried it in other browsers. Turned off the popup block for soundcloud.com.....

What gives? I'm about to move up to a pro account. I don't want to pay for a site that sucks. Please help.
Having the same issue today. I've tried all the trouble shooting above but nothing happens.
I may have found a solution. But - I may have been experiencing a different problem than others.

My problem: my track uploads just fine, but SC doesn't upload the pic I selected; instead, it just uses my profile pic. I've tried all the basic troubleshooting steps: different browser, clear cache, update Adobe flash, less than 2 MB, changed file size and formats, etc.

My solution: I just uploaded the track as is, wrong pic and all. Then, I went to that track's individual page - the one that looks like this:

From this page I selected the "update image" option, and SC allowed me to change to the picture I wanted.

I hope that helps others out there. If not, good luck figuring it out, and sorry I couldn't be more help.
i got the same problem since yesterday and tried jpeg and png with the right sizes..
Peter Murray wrote:

I may have found a solution. But - I may have been experiencing a different problem than others.

My problem: my track uploads just fine, but SC doesn't upload the pic I selected; instead, it just uses my profile pic. I've tried all the basic troubleshooting steps: different browser, clear cache, update Adobe flash, less than 2 MB, changed file size and formats, etc.

My solution: I just uploaded the track as is, wrong pic and all. Then, I went to that track's individual page - the one that looks like this:

From this page I selected the "update image" option, and SC allowed me to change to the picture I wanted.

I hope that helps others out there. If not, good luck figuring it out, and sorry I couldn't be more help.

this actually worked!Thanks! 🙂
Peter Murray wrote:

Had this exact problem, this solved it. Thank you!! And SoundCloud should really fix this.
Peter Murray wrote:

Hello & thanks for the workaround.
Had same problem and worked.
Nontheless: Thank you to the SOUNDCLOUD TEAM FOR fixing the problem asap.