Question

Convert private playlist to public, no option to convert the tracks anymore?

• 7 October 2015
  • 3 replies

It used to be that you could store an entire playlist and the tracks as private by uploading and marking the uploaded playlist "private." If you changed the playlist to "public" in the future, the software would ask if you wanted to make all tracks public, too. This was very useful to me in holding stuff back until an online "release date" occurred. Now, if you make a playlist public, the tracks remain private, and you can't convert them other than by individually editing the tracks outside of the playlist window. This is very inefficient. Please bring the old feature back!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there JLB20,

Thanks for getting in touch about this. Since the recent change in how playlist editing works, this feature is no longer available. However, I've reached out to the relevant product team to gather further information around this.

In the meantime, I'd recommend you use the track manager to bulk edit your tracks. The track manager is here.

All the best
Mathis
I have the same problem with a playlist of my own songs which are all private.
If i use the track manager, i don't see the playlist of the tracks, so it's not easy to find the songs of that playlist only. Of is there a beter way ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
I have the same problem with a playlist of my own songs which are all private.
If i use the track manager, i don't see the playlist of the tracks, so it's not easy to find the songs of that playlist only. Of is there a beter way ?

Hi Manu,

Really sorry about that - in fact, there currently is not another workaround for that. I'd recommend to open the playlist on a second browser window and have the two windows show next to each other, then go through this.

I'll make sure to pass on your report as feedback on this feature change.

All the best
Mathis