Question

Cubase Not Connecting

• 7 January 2015
  • 5 replies

I can't get Cubase 7.5 or 8 on OS 10.10.1 to connect to upload songs directly. I of course can manually upload them afterwords but I would like to be able to export directly from Cubase. I have tried it in Safari, Chrome and Firefox with no success. It asks if I want to allow and connect and then it never does.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hey there,

Thanks for writing in about this. I was able to reproduce the issue from over here as well when I tried it with Cubase's trial version, so this seems to be a universal bug rather then a local issue on your specific system.

The Cubase integration was done by Cubase via our public API, so this needs to be fixed on Cubase's end. I've forwarded it to our product team as well to take a look.

I'd still recommend for you to reach out to Cubase's support team and report. If you get a response - feel free to provide an update here :-)

Hope this helps to shed some light on the issue.

Cheers,
Mathis
I am running into the same issue with Cubase 8. I've not yet reached out to Steinberg, but wonder if there has been any workarounds?

Thanks,

-- John
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
I am running into the same issue with Cubase 8. I've not yet reached out to Steinberg, but wonder if there has been any workarounds?

Thanks,

-- John

Hi there John,

Thanks for posting & sorry to hear about this. I currently don't have the means to test this from here, yet the integration is basically coming from Steinberg's end. They are using our public API to integrate the upload function directly into Cubase. Thus, there's little we can do from our end.

I have, however, forwarded the query to the relevant product team to see if they can get in touch with Cubase and figure that out together.

In the meantime, I recommend for you to a) export your compositions to your hard drive, then go to your account on SoundCloud.com using your web browser and upload your new track from there, and b) maybe get in touch with Cubase to point them to the integration currently not working.

Thanks & all the best
Mathis

Thanks,

-- John

Thank you, Mathis. I appreciate the quick response!

After posting, I dug around and found this to be a known issue. From the Steinberg KB:
https://www.steinberg.net/nc/en/support/knowledgebase_new/show_details/kb_show/cubase-8-version-hist...

Issue BON-8114

Using the "Upload to SoundCloud" option from the Audio Mixdown function results in an endless loop trying to log-in into the SoundCloud account.

We are investigating a solution. As a workaround export your audio mixdown to your local computer, then upload it from there to SoundCloud manually.

Thanks again,

-- John
Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Thanks,

-- John

Ah cool, thanks for following up on this!