Question

Does SoundCloud compress everything? My tracks are way quieter than my rendered .WAV file.

• 8 November 2015
  • 3 replies

My songs/sounds are quieter than the original rendered file from the studio. It will not allow my listeners to get a full swing of my music/sounds.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge
yes soundcloud re-encodes all uploads to 128k MP3 for standard streaming playback. if you have downloads enabled on that track, the original uploaded file will be provided for download.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled does SC change the wav files that are uploaded in any way? Could I use a SC file ....

does SC change the wav files that are uploaded in any way? The reason I ask is because I am wondering if you could use the SC file to press a cd... if so, you could have your master made off of your SC files. Any problems?
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Do you have to compress soundcloud files to upload to website without compromisin....

I'm very new to using audio files on my website. I just want the easiest way to upload audio (talking) files to my website, without slowing down my website speed. My question is whether I need to use compression software before uploading to SoundCloud, or whether SC automatically compresses or otherwise the embed wouldn't slow down my site. I'm not a tech person so bottom line is do embeds need to be compressed or does that not matter with embeds?