Question

Downloading Issues

• 12 March 2017
  • 1 reply

I run a page for my church, and some users are finding that there are issues when they download. Only the first 2 letters of the title appear in the download, and on some computers it has to be converted before they can listen to it. I upload as mp3, then to get it to play they have to convert it through Audacity, then it says it is 'Importing FFmpeg-compatible file'

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Hmm - this is very odd, because if you enable downloads for your tracks, the file that other users can download is actually the exact same file that you have uploaded. For instance, I just downloaded your most recently uploaded track and got the following file: 02-04-17 630pm - PB.mp3

It plays just fine on my computer (a MacBook) and no conversion is needed. The message "Importing FFmpeg-compatible file" is probably shown because the computer doesn't have the mp3 codec on its computer. Here's a quote that I found on the Audacity page:

"Libraries

The LAME MP3 encoding library allows Audacity to export audio in the popular MP3 format. To install the LAME library, please read our LAME FAQ.

The FFmpeg import/export library allows Audacity to import and export many additional audio formats such as AC3, AMR(NB), M4A and WMA, and to import audio from video files. Audacity 2.0.6 and later requires FFmpeg 1.2 to 2.3.x (or libav 0.8 to 0.10.x). To install FFmpeg, please read our FFmpeg FAQ."

Hope this helps pointing your listeners in the right direction :-)

Best
Mathis