Question

"error" message - can't upload

• 23 December 2014
  • 10 replies

I have the unlimited plan. I've done this for awhile now so I know how (& email is confirmed etc.) But last night & still this morning the upload stops at 3% & says "error". I can't find any notes stating the site is down for maintenance. Can you help?

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Cami,

First of all - let me say that's a lovely profile picture you have right there. What kind of mixing board is that? :-)

Now, let's see - our site should not be down, all good on that end. I also checked your account, and it looks like everything is fine on there, too. I saw you were able to upload a bunch of tracks 5 days ago actually. There are no further attempts for new uploads indicated on our system most recently, so it looks like your newest upload hasn't touched our servers just yet.

Long story short, I would in this case actually recommend a set of basic troubleshooting steps, as outlined in this conversation to see if the issue can easily be sorted.

If this doesn't help, please let us know. As a pro unlimited user, you'll probably get the quickest response when you log in to your account and write in to us directly via our contact form here: http://help.soundcloud.com/customer/portal/emails/new

However, please note that we're working limited hours over the next week, so please bear with us if it takes a bit longer then usually. I will look into the help forum every now and then, too, to see if there's an emergency ;-)

All the best to you,
Mathis
Thank you Mathis. As you mentioned, I had no problems uploading about 4 days ago. And, I've already tried 'Chrome', (switching from IE), and also even tried the old classic-uploader! Nothing works. I do appreciate you giving me the special link for the paying customers. I did not have that until now! I will ask Randy (husband!) to check on that 'flash' situation you mentioned- although why wasn't that a problem 4 days ago? If that doesn't do it, I'll contact that link you gave. Thanks again- I must get this working! (Oh, the board you see me sitting at in my profile pic is actually the radio board when I was on the air on WBAP 820 radio in Ft. Worth/Dallas. I am now working on a new radio show which starts in January for a different station. It will be as a podcast- and I plan to also keep the podcasts at my SoundCloud account & point folks there so that they can hear it anytime. And, they can hear it on an AM radio station in San Antonio, TX as well. I wish I was a premier member here! It's good advertising for SoundCloud, too, as I can give commercials on-air as I point people over here to listen each week.) Thanks again for the help Mathis!! - Cami
I've made sure I have the latest "flash". Still nothing! I have used the contact form you gave me. It's been over 24 hours now & I've tried every single thing.
Is there any update on this? I've also been trying upload a track for the last hour or so to no avail and it is very frustrating.
The update is that I have followed every single checklist they've given me & it's not working. That little gray 'bar' doesn't move, and the blue/orange upload lines stop at 3%. It's been this way for 2 full days for me now, & I am paying for this service. What am I going to do?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
The update is that I have followed every single checklist they've given me & it's not working. That little gray 'bar' doesn't move, and the blue/orange upload lines stop at 3%. It's been this way for 2 full days for me now, & I am paying for this service. What am I going to do?
Hi Cami,

I've checked our email tickets to see if I can find your query and see what happened to it. Did you get Ben's most recent email? I looks like you were able to upload a track like, 18 hours ago (and wrote your last comment on the forum 19 hours ago) - were you able to get your track uploaded? If so, what was it after all that helped sorting out the issue?

Uploading difficulties can sometimes be super tricky to troubleshoot, as every computer and every system is a bit different, with so many software and hardware settings these days.

Either way, please let me know :-)

Merry Christmas,
Mathis
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Is there any update on this? I've also been trying upload a track for the last hour or so to no avail and it is very frustrating.
Hi BKIDZ,

Checking your account now. Will update this conversation in a few minutes, hopefully with more news.

Cheers,
Mathis
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Womp - update - looks like you also were able to get the upload through in the meantime 🙂 That's awesome! I cannot see any obvious reasons for this failing earlier on our end (i.e., any type of blocks or disconnect from our server), so if there was something particular you did on your end that helped sorting out the issue, please let us know here so other users who might run into the same issue have the information at hand.

Merry Christmas & (hopefully) Happy SoundClouding :-D
Mathis
I am having this issue as well. It says "Error Uploading Track" with no explanation, and using the checklist has not helped. I hope my problem goes away, too!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there HolyCrossDCO,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear about this - looking at your account from our end, it looks like you've been able to get this sorted in the meantime - perfect! Or, do you have any further questions around this? If so, don't hesitate to let us know.

Cheers,
Mathis