Question

error uploading a set

• 15 December 2014
  • 5 replies

Dear friends, I am trying to upload my first set.

1) First I got the following message:

2) Recorded back the set without the song mentioned above, but...

3) When I try to upload the set, it appears the following screen error, after the 100% completion of the uploaded file:

Important to mention that I completed the required fields name and tags (#indiedance #indiehouse) on the basic info tab like this:

And enabled the download on the permissions tab like this:

Did not change anything in metadata tab.

Can you please help me to post my first set?

Thank you very much, Marcos.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Marcos,

Thank you for posting and for adding those screenshots - this really helps us to better understand the situation from over here. I do see your initial attempt to upload your set on our end, and can see that it was blocked due to copyrights. However, there is not indication of your new mix that you tried to upload, so this now seems to be a technical issue rather then to do with copyrights.

I would encourage you to run the troubleshooting steps outlined in this conversation, and if this doesn't help, please feel free to reach out to us again, either here, or directly via email.

All the best to you,
Mathis
Hi Marcos,

Thank you for posting and for adding those screenshots - this really helps us to better understand the situation from over here. I do see your initial attempt to upload your set on our end, and can see that it was blocked due to copyrights. However, there is not indication of your new mix that you tried to upload, so this now seems to be a technical issue rather then to do with copyrights.

I would encourage you to run the troubleshooting steps outlined in this conversation, and if this doesn't help, please feel free to reach out to us again, either here, or directly via email.

All the best to you,
Mathis

Dear Mathis!

Followed the steps outlined here https://www.soundcloudcommunity.com/soundcloud/topics/first-step-in-solving-issues-on-your-web-based... and I am still having problems to upload my set, can you please help me? Bellow the screen shot of the uploading attempt I had using my Google Chrome.

Thank you very much, Marcos.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Marcos,

All the best to you,
Mathis

Hi Marcos.

Thank you for following up. I have looked into our system, and it looks like there is now a second file that you tried to upload, yet which was blocked for the moment being by our content ID system.

I can understand how frustrating this is, and I would love to help with this but unfortunately I can't, as this is something that our copyright team is taking care of exclusively. Thus, please get in touch with them, through our contact form here.

I hope they can help clarifying things and help soon :-)

Cheers,
Mathis
Hi Mathis! Just noticed that I had my dispute on this second file upload attempt rejected. Read all the https://soundcloud.com/pages/copyright#what-is-copyright-infringement-and-how-can-i-avoid-it but I am still confused on how can I upload a mix/set (songs mixed to each other) that I bought all the songs on sites like Beatport, Juno...

Who can help me with it?

Am I able to post/upload a mix/set os songs mixed together? How?

Thank you very much, regards, Marcos
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Mathis! Just noticed that I had my dispute on this second file upload attempt rejected. Read all the https://soundcloud.com/pages/copyright#what-is-copyright-infringement-and-how-can-i-avoid-it but I am still confused on how can I upload a mix/set (songs mixed to each other) that I bought all the songs on sites like Beatport, Juno...

Who can help me with it?

Am I able to post/upload a mix/set os songs mixed together? How?

Thank you very much, regards, Marcos

Hi Marcus,

As I mentioned before, I would highly recommend to send our Copyrights team an email. You can reach them via copyrights@soundcloud.com, or through our contact form: http://help.soundcloud.com/customer/portal/emails/new

Let them know you were referred by me so they are in the loop how you came to write to them directly.

Happy Holidays Marcos, and a happy new year, too :-)

Cheers,
Mathis