Answered

Extremely slow upload

• 13 March 2019
  • 2 replies

I pay for Pro Unlimited, and until now I've had no problems uploading audio files. I've been trying to upload a podcast episode since last weekend, and every time I've tried the process is so slow that I have to abort.

I've gone through the troubleshooting guide, changed browsers between Chrome and Safari, restarted, changed computers, and so on, but nothing seems to work. I'm not experiencing a slow network otherwise, it's only the Soundcloud upload that is making trouble, and I haven't seen any news of technical problems on the site.

Any tips on what to do?
icon

Best answer by Mathis 14 March 2019, 15:50

Hi there,

Hmm, I guess the good thing is you have already successfully narrowed down the root cause of the issue. Most other websites merely download, whereas on SoundCloud, you're attempting to upload, which are two different processes and have different speed parameters.

I would begin with a simple restart of your router and computer actually, and see if this already makes a difference. If not, there might be settings specific to your router that might help improving this, so I'd check up on the manual, or see if someone from your internet provider can help with this further.

Let us know how it went!
View original

2 replies

The weirdest thing happened. I tried uploading from work, and it all uploaded as smoothly as ever. The only thing I can think of now is that I quite recently changed to a new router back home. Everything runs faster through it, except Soundcloud-uploads. How is that possible?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Hmm, I guess the good thing is you have already successfully narrowed down the root cause of the issue. Most other websites merely download, whereas on SoundCloud, you're attempting to upload, which are two different processes and have different speed parameters.

I would begin with a simple restart of your router and computer actually, and see if this already makes a difference. If not, there might be settings specific to your router that might help improving this, so I'd check up on the manual, or see if someone from your internet provider can help with this further.

Let us know how it went!