Question

Garageband upload issue

• 1 February 2018
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 1
Hello, up until today I have been able to bounce tracks directly from Garageband to Soundcloud. I've tried this several ties today and receive a generic "http 401" error. I verified that I can login to Soundcloud directly, that my passwords and credentials are correct, that GB is an authorized app in SC connection settings. I also contacted Apple support just in case it was a GB problem. The support technician had this same issue. I know how to work around this, so it isn't a show-stopper, but it is certainly the most convenient way to bounce tracks up to Soundcloud. Thanks!

12 replies

Me too - exact same issue! Feels better to know I'm not doing anything wrong, but my real question is - when is a Soundcloud tech going to get on this feed and sort it out? I pay for Pro every month and I podcast, so time is ticking. Isn't this help community set up so that Soundcloud staff can answer technical queries?
Thanks Van
Good to know maybe I’m not going mad..
Hello John,
The reason your Garageband song is not uploading is because that file is technically not exported as one of the universal audio files (mp3, AAA, WAVE, etc).

So here's what you do: If you're using Garageband on a mac, which I assume you still are. Have you song open in Garageband. Then, at the time of the screen you should see the *Share* button. Click the *Share*, then below it click *Export Song to Disk*. Then, a window will pop allowing you to turn the song in to one of the audio files you will see on the screen, as well as what the file name will be and where you want to save it. I would only be clicking the name of the file and which audio file you will turn it in to. i personally would go with turning it into an AAC or an MP3 file. Then go to the Soundcloud website, click upload at the home page, the choose the new file! Hope this helps! 😁

what if your using the ios version of garageband
Same prob. Whenever I try to download this really fire new song, an "Invalid Scope" pops up. I really want to download this really cool song and show it to the world. If you can't fix it then maybe you can show me a way to work around it? Anyway, besides that I love Sound Cloud so please don't let this issue leave a scar on my love for this.
Hello John,
The reason your Garageband song is not uploading is because that file is technically not exported as one of the universal audio files (mp3, AAA, WAVE, etc).

So here's what you do: If you're using Garageband on a mac, which I assume you still are. Have you song open in Garageband. Then, at the time of the screen you should see the *Share* button. Click the *Share*, then below it click *Export Song to Disk*. Then, a window will pop allowing you to turn the song in to one of the audio files you will see on the screen, as well as what the file name will be and where you want to save it. I would only be clicking the name of the file and which audio file you will turn it in to. i personally would go with turning it into an AAC or an MP3 file. Then go to the Soundcloud website, click upload at the home page, the choose the new file! Hope this helps! 😁
I'm having the same issue
I’m having the same issue too I to get the song up by tonight does anybody know a solution?
I'm having the sane problem also. How do you upload to Soundcloud without going directly through garage band?
I am currently experiencing the same problem. I have been trying for more than an hour already to upload a song I recorded a few hours ago on the GarageBand app to my SoundCloud account, but it just wouldn't work. A window asking me to log in to SoundCloud keeps on popping out, which is quite odd because for the longest time, my SoundCloud account has already been "connected" with the GarageBand app. I didn't change devices (still using the same tablet). I've uploaded tracks from GarageBand to SoundCloud multiple times before. Deeper
I’m having the same issue from all of my devices. SoundCloud has to reset their integration system Apparently this happened about a year ago also. Same prob, downloading from GarageBand. A tech at SoundCloud had to fix it.
Do we know if SC has acknowledged this yet?
Same problem. Also glad to know I'm not going mad.