Question

Getting the download button back?

• 20 October 2015
  • 17 replies

I've recently got two of my remixes taken down due to copyright issues, which means that my download button has been removed. (I've uploaded other remixes and bootlegs which for some reason haven't been taken down)

Are there any ways to get it back?
You know, I've learned my lesson and I now know that people actually report my tracks even though I only have 17 followers and max 50-60 plays on my songs.

So are there any ways to get it back if I just stop uploading remixes, but only originals? ❤

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Nikolaj,

Just to clarify, we do not remove the download option on future uploaded tracks. Is this what you are referring to?

-Gina
Hi Nikolaj,

Just to clarify, we do not remove the download option on future uploaded tracks. Is this what you are referring to?

-Gina

Uhm.. I don't think so. Two of my tracks have been reported and taken down, and when I try to upload a new track I see this on the download-button under Permissions:

"Downloads disabled
Downloads are disabled due to copyright infringement. Please review copyright for details."

I guess that means that I will never be able to make my own original tracks available for free download if I would - or will I? 😉
Hi Nikolaj,

-Gina

The same thing happened to my account for copy right infringement. Will i ever get the download button back?
Hi Nikolaj,

-Gina

That's my question, bruh 😉
Im having this same problem. Two of my remixes were taken down and now i cant have download buttons on my songs. How can i get the download button enabled again?
I am having the same issue. It has removed the Download button on all my tracks even those which I own the copyrights for. Is there any indication on when this will be reinstated for us??
I also have this problem. Even my original work is completely unavailable for download, which is a bit overkill.
I have this problem too, will someone answer any of us?
We have this issue as well... We have a paid Pro Account, the only advantage of having the Pro Account (which still serves advertisements) is that it allows for direct download. This has been taken away. How do we get it reinstated?
Hi Nikolaj,

-Gina

Come on Gina! Will we get our downloads back or not! if not im getting rid of my pro plan and deleting my account that i have put a ton of hard work into! and most likely never using soundcloud again... but thats probably a good thing anyways 🙂
I'm the same download problem off on all my tracks. I wonder if it is possible to reverse this situation.
Also the same problem and I don't think it makes any sense at all. While in YouTube you get paid, on Soundcloud you pay and still not having your download button back FOREVER, or are we all wrong Gina?
Greetings.
Hi Nikolaj,

-Gina

Gina I have got the same problem, and I think we all here have the same problem: we thought we could use SoundCloud to post some of our remixes and were taken down. Besides the moral aspect, we urgently need to know if we can have back the download button on our tracks. Otherwise it will become for us a useless account. Please reply.
Gina we need your help!
Hi Nikolaj,

-Gina

hi i only upload my own stuff and the download button has disappeared- I must be able to download my own copyright - surely
Hi Nikolaj,

-Gina

i also cant have the download button and cant import tracks to Beatstars will i ever get it back