Question

Hi hats and Low Kick distortion

• 8 July 2015
  • 4 replies

Having distortion issues. I fully understand the compression to MP3, artifacts, a bad mix, etc. However, this problem I am currently having should not be happening. My song was having some distortion so after three days I isolated the problem. My kick which is hitting between 50 and 100 Hz is distorting with my hi hat which hits at 5000Hz and 20,000Hz. If you look on a spectrum you can see that these two frequencies are nowhere near each other. The distortion only comes after uploading. I have cut both low and high frequencies using filters. I want to reiterate that this should not be happening. Two frequencies thousands of Hz apart should not distort when played together. Please understand that I have been trouble shooting and uploading for three years total. Is there someone who has experience that can assist? I have uploaded the song with just the two tracks of high and low frequencies. Here is the song: https://soundcloud.com/andreali-1/bass-and-hat-headache/s-q5mKq Thank you.

4 replies

Userlevel 2
It doesn't answer your issue, but just for you to know i was used to upload Wav files, and it seems they're untouched (at least when you download it if the dl option is on, you have the source file back, same weight).
It doesn't answer your issue, but just for you to know i was used to upload Wav files, and it seems they're untouched (at least when you download it if the dl option is on, you have the source file back, same weight).
Thanks but that doent help for streaming. But I do appreciate the reply.
Still trouble shooting and wanted to state that this isn't necessarily a Soundcloud issue. I bounced to a Mp3 at 320k (same as Soundcloud) and had the same issue. However, as a producer I would gladly pay a higher premium to upload .wav files. It just too much time and effort otherwise. So for the meantime this issue is resolved. Thank you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Still trouble shooting and wanted to state that this isn't necessarily a Soundcloud issue. I bounced to a Mp3 at 320k (same as Soundcloud) and had the same issue. However, as a producer I would gladly pay a higher premium to upload .wav files. It just too much time and effort otherwise. So for the meantime this issue is resolved. Thank you.
Hi Andre,

Thanks for the update on that!

-Gina