Question

How do I add a new track to an existing album?

• 3 November 2017
  • 4 replies

How do I add a new track to an existing album?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

The album should appear in the list of playlists when you click on "Add to playlist" under a tracks' waveform.

If this is not the case, can you try to edit the playlist and choose "Playlist" for playlist type (phew, it's getting a bit complicated, but it sounds more complicated then it is...), then go back to the track and see if the playlist now appears in your list?

Cheers
Mathis
Yeah this doesn't work. Add To Playlist pops up a window asking you to create a New Playlist. There's no way to add the track to an existing playlist.

This is crazy. Such a basic feature. Can you help?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Yeah this doesn't work. Add To Playlist pops up a window asking you to create a New Playlist. There's no way to add the track to an existing playlist.

This is crazy. Such a basic feature. Can you help?

Hi @swinefeaster ,

Sorry about the confusion, I can only imagine how confusing this must be. Sometimes the tab to add to an existing playlist does not show for some users.

Root cause #1: Adblock. Try disabling this, restart your browser, then try again.
Root cause #2: If this does not help, please create a second playlist. This can be a private playlist. Once you have done that and refresh, you should see the option to add tracks to your existing playlists. This is a workaround, not a fix. There's a bug on SoundCloud's backend that is causing this erroneous behavior, however not every user is affected.

Thank you & all the best
Mathis
Thanks! I was able to:

1. go to Your Tracks
  2. select tracks
  3. click Add To Playlist button on top
  4. Add To Existing
I'm not sure why that didn't work before. Maybe it was late? Or maybe your website was broken...