Question

how do i save my header image?

• 5 June 2016
  • 4 replies

i want to use my header image for something else and i cant remember where i found it. how do i save it, copy and paste it, and/or see the source of it? thanks!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi,

There's not a way to do that officially. You could go through Inspect element in your browser and look for the embedded file there, copy the address into a new browser window & go from there. Bit hacky, but a life saver if you haven't got a backup copy of your banner on your hard drive.

Cheers
Mathis
Hi,

There's not a way to do that officially. You could go through Inspect element in your browser and look for the embedded file there, copy the address into a new browser window & go from there. Bit hacky, but a life saver if you haven't got a backup copy of your banner on your hard drive.

Cheers
Mathis

hey, thank you for answering! how do i know which part of the html is the embedded file, because before i posted this question i already tried inspect the element and couldnt find anything. thank you!!
I had the same problem and found a couple ways to save the banner.

Step 1.
Hover over the banner, right-click and select 'Inspect Element' from the list of options. You should now see '
' highlighted.

Step 2.
Now you need to follow one of these methods:

Method 1
  1. Below the highlighted bar you should see ' '. Right-click it and select 'Edit as HTML' from the options list.
  2. Copy the link in the code and paste into your browser.
  3. Drag the image to your homescreen or right-click it and save it.

Method 2
  1. Above the highlighted bar you should see ' '. Drag the highlighted bar and drop above it.
  2. Right-click the banner and select 'View background Image' from the options list.

Hope I was able to help.
I had the same problem and found a couple ways to save the header.

Step 1.
Hover over the header, right-click and select 'Inspect Element' from the list of options. You should now see 'profileHeaderInfo sc-media' highlighted.

Step 2.
Now you need to follow one of these methods:

Method 1
  1. Below the highlighted bar you should see 'profileHeaderBackground m-visualLoaded'. Right-click it and select 'Edit as HTML' from the options list.
  2. Copy the link in the code and paste into your browser.
Method 2
  1. Above the highlighted bar you should see 'profileHeader__info'. Drag the highlighted bar and drop above it.
  2. Right-click the header and select 'View background image' from the options list.

Hope I was able to help.