Answered

How do you add vocals to an instrumental track?

• 3 January 2016
  • 1 reply

I've uploaded a collection of guitar-only tracks, with a set of lyrics for each. I hope to be linking up with a singer soon to provide vocals for my songs, but don't know how to add vocals to instrumental tracks. Can anyone help?
icon

Best answer by Mathis 4 January 2016, 16:15

Hi Brynley,

Hmm, so as far as I understand you're looking for a way to overdub your guitar recordings. If so, you can use any audio editing software that is capable of handling multiple tracks. Audacity is a good way to start, since it is freeware and works on most operating systems (OS X, Windows, etc.). This way you can play back your quitar song on one track, while recording your voice on another track simultaneously.

Hope this helps for starters.

Cheers
Mathis
View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Brynley,

Hmm, so as far as I understand you're looking for a way to overdub your guitar recordings. If so, you can use any audio editing software that is capable of handling multiple tracks. Audacity is a good way to start, since it is freeware and works on most operating systems (OS X, Windows, etc.). This way you can play back your quitar song on one track, while recording your voice on another track simultaneously.

Hope this helps for starters.

Cheers
Mathis