Solved

How do you get rid of the 'buy' link on a track?

I recently removed a track off of The Artist Union but the 'buy' link is still on the song on Soundcloud. Is there any way to get rid of it since the link doesn't lead to a download anymore?
icon

Best answer by s l i g h t 8 August 2018, 10:44

Can you not remove it from the Metadata page when you edit the track?

If Artist Union had access to your account you need to make sure you revoke that.
Go to the Settings menu which is near the bottom of the black drop-down menu under the three dots on the top black menu bar. Then go to the bottom of the Accounts page where it lists Connected Applications. Revoke access to anything there that is not SoundCloud.com or Help Community.

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge
Can you not remove it from the Metadata page when you edit the track?

If Artist Union had access to your account you need to make sure you revoke that.
Go to the Settings menu which is near the bottom of the black drop-down menu under the three dots on the top black menu bar. Then go to the bottom of the Accounts page where it lists Connected Applications. Revoke access to anything there that is not SoundCloud.com or Help Community.
I revoked the priveledge and cleared the metadata information and it still is there taking people who want to download my track to their site with the statement that its not there.
Userlevel 2
That is strange. It might be some caching issue with your browser. Try signing out of your account and clearing your browser's cache. Then look at the track before you sign back into SoundCloud.

Another thing to try might be to stick some other URL in the buy link window and see if that removes the Artist Union one.