Question

I can't change any images on my profile or upload album artwork.

• 20 January 2019
  • 8 replies

I have uploaded a profile image and a banner image on my page but it won't let me add a custom album cover to each of my tracks. It just uses the image I have as my profile icon for every track I upload. When I go to change the album artwork on any given track it lets me select a file and then doesn't display anything in the preview box. Just the Soundcloud standard gradient. Then if I click save it just lags and stays stuck thinking on that screen not doing anything. I can't even go back and change the images that are on my header or icon at all. Any suggestions on how to fix it and be able to actually upload some album artwork? It would be much appreciated!

I have made sure that the files are the right size and less than the maximum file size too. No idea what is causing the issue. I've tried to upload from Safari and also from Chrome. Neither work.

Thanks in advance!
Dan.

8 replies

I've been trying for over an hour to change my profile image with a new head shot. I've resized images to match what's recommended and the new image still won't upload over the old one. Extremely frustrating!!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Sorry to hear that. Hmm, we haven't heard from other users of this being an issue. I also just tested this feature and it was working as expected for me. @dannabannanna can you try using a private / incognito browser window? Also, what file format are you using (jpg)?
Yes, I'm using a jpg. I followed all of your instructions. It's a 1000 x 1000 file that's under 2mb. I also tried going incognito. I tried Internet Explorer and Chrome.
Hi Mathis,

Thanks for getting back to me! Ive just tried it in incognito mode on Chrome and as a private window on Safari and still the same thing. It registers that I've tried to upload an image but just shows the soundcloud like red-is gradient and the save changes button is either greyed out (and can't be clicked), or if it is clickable it just does the thinking lines thing over the button and nothing happens at all.

Really weird one. It's happened for me since I made my account a month or so ago. It let me upload the images in the first place but since the header and profile image went in, I can't upload anything else.

Cheers,
Dan.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi again,

Hmm, odd! We've let our engineers know about this and they are looking into this at the moment. Hopefully, this will soon work for you again.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Mathis,

Thanks for getting back to me! Ive just tried it in incognito mode on Chrome and as a private window on Safari and still the same thing. It registers that I've tried to upload an image but just shows the soundcloud like red-is gradient and the save changes button is either greyed out (and can't be clicked), or if it is clickable it just does the thinking lines thing over the button and nothing happens at all.

Really weird one. It's happened for me since I made my account a month or so ago. It let me upload the images in the first place but since the header and profile image went in, I can't upload anything else.

Cheers,
Dan.

Hey Dan,

Can you try again to see if this is now working please? Our engineers let us know they've fixed a recent issue that caused this for some users. Refreshing, i.e. signing out of your account, restarting your browser, then trying again should help if this is still not working on your end, as it restarts the session for your account with the fix in place.

Cheers
Mathis
I've had a similar experience and I guess I found a workaround: I've had no luck with any of the JPG files either but it seems that PNG images work just fine. A compatibility issue, I guess.

TL;DR: Try using PNG instead of JPG.
I’m having the same issue. Every time I’ve literally been trying all night. My image is smaller than 2MB and I’ve tried logging out and everything. Still nothing. Help