Solved

I Can't change my profile pic.

• 18 February 2015
  • 41 replies

I try and upload a picture from my computer as my soundcloud profile picture and the image won't change. Have tried all updates, and made sure the image is the right size. the image of my current profile on this help forum is correct and the one I want for my music profile. have attached:

icon

Best answer by Mathis 23 June 2015, 11:23

Hello fellow hello forum users,

This conversation will now be closed and archived. The convo was created when there was actually a bug on our end and we wanted to help out asap back then. However, the issue has now been fixed for quite a while and issues that occur with updating your profile or track-artwork can usually be solved with our basic troubleshooting steps outlined in the original post here.

Please refer to this article on our help center if you need assistance uploading a new image. If this isn't working for you, you can also drag and drop your image from the Windows explorer (Windows) or Finder (Mac) to the current profile image on your public profile page to trigger an update.

Thanks for your understanding & all the best,
Gina & Mathis
View original

This topic has been closed for comments

41 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Thanks for reporting this and for attaching the image - I was now able to update this for you from here, so you're all set. Also, I wasn't able to reproduce the issue, and thus recommend to start with a bunch of basic maintenance steps to make sure your system is optimised for the next time you want to change your image.

To start fresh, please clear your browser's cache and cookies, close the browser window, and open a new one. As a temporary alternative and for issue-isolation purposes, you can choose the private browsing mode of your browser (e.g., Chrome's incognito mode).

Next, please follow these steps:
  • Check and see that you have the latest version of Flash installed (http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer).
  • If you've installed any plugins (AdBlock, Flashblock, HTTPS everywhere, etc.) on your browser, please disable them, as this may help. Plugins can sometimes block SoundCloud from working properly. Additionally, please disable or allow for an exemption on any pop up blocker, firewall, or antivirus on your computer.
  • In the event that you are still experiencing difficulties, you may also want to try a different browser (Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc.) to see if the issue continues. This way we can confirm whether or not this is a local issue on your browser.
I hope this helps!

Cheers
Mathis
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Can't upload new image for track..

I am having trouble uploading a new image to accompany my new tracks posted. Every time I try to select the image it doesn't give me the option to 'save' the image. Only the 'cancel' tab works. I have tried uploading images of various file sizes to no avail. Please help!
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Can't upload new image for track..

I am having trouble uploading a new image to accompany my new tracks posted. Every time I try to select the image it doesn't give me the option to 'save' the image. Only the 'cancel' tab works. I have tried uploading images of various file sizes to no avail. Please help!

Hi Sonny Syah,

Can you try the above mentioned troubleshooting steps to get this sorted please? If this doesn't work, feel free to attach the image and the track URL of the track you were working on, and we'll try and see if we can update this for you from here. This way, we can also investigate this issue for you further.

Cheers
Mathis

Hi

Iam a regular user of SC and i add a playlist every week! Now over the past 3 weeks i have noticed the image for the track lists will not upload and its the same correct image format as ive always used and my flash and everything else is uptodate! Its very frustrating and can take multiple attempts over many hours before it will upload and before you ask my connection is fine as it upload to all my over sites and servers fine!

Regards

Kurt
Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi Kurt,

Thanks for contributing on the help forum. Hmm, sorry to hear this is not working properly for you. Any chance you could attach the image you're trying to upload the next time you're running into issues with this?

Also, just to make sure - are you running any plugins that could get in the way, such as AdBlock or HTTPS Everywhere?

Cheers
Mathis

. my sound cloud pic WILL NOT CHANGE and i have tried everything. it won't change on my phone or the app or desktop
my sound cloud pic WILL NOT CHANGE and i have tried everything. it won't change on my phone or the app nor the desktop. Help!!
Can't change mine either and have tried everything??
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there Liam,

Can you attach the image you're aiming to upload here? I can then further investigate and see if I can reproduce the issue from here.

Cheers,
Mathis
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
my sound cloud pic WILL NOT CHANGE and i have tried everything. it won't change on my phone or the app nor the desktop. Help!!
Hi Sunshine_PC,

Sorry about the delay in responding - is this issue persistent? If so, I can offer to try and update this for you from here.

Cheers
Mathis
Yes please, am still having difficulties. Please kindly assist me .i want to use this image instead

Hi, I'm also having the same problem. Here is the profile picture that I would like uploaded. Thanks, Liam

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there Johnny,

That's now been applied. I didn't come across any difficulties while updating, so the next time you want to update your image, you should actually be able to do this on your end as well. If it doesn't work again and you need assistance, let us know.

Cheers
Mathis
I need to change my profile picture, and the uploader won't work. Can you fix it on your end?

Thanks for that change. I'm still having difficulties uploading other images to individual tracks. Any thoughts as to what might be the problem? Cheers
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hey hey,

Hmm, if you've run the basic steps outlined here and this hasn't helped, and since I wasn't facing any issues when I updated your image (we're basically running the same process when updating images from here), the next thing to check would be your internet connection - are you behind a proxy server or VPN? Can you try restarting your router (as odd as this might sound, this can sometimes help with the weirdest type of issues), or can you try a different network?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
I need to change my profile picture, and the uploader won't work. Can you fix it on your end?

Hey hey,

That's now updated :-)

Cheers
Mathis

P.S.: If you haven't done so - please make sure to run our basic set for troubleshooting this on your end. You'll find the instructions on the original post of this convo.

My image will not be updated as well. If possible can you make this my profile picture? thanks.

I also wish to change my picture but it will not change.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

So this has now been done for you, paige and Bamborico.

For any future posts - please provide exact info on your setup (OS, browser, etc.) and what you have done so far in terms of troubleshooting. As long as uploading new profile images isn't a confirmed bug on our end, you should get this working on your end as well. The more detailed you describe your steps, the better.

After all, what we want to achieve with conversations like this one is to get to the root cause of the issue.

All the best,
Mathis
Hi there,

Thanks for reporting this and for attaching the image - I was now able to update this for you from here, so you're all set. Also, I wasn't able to reproduce the issue, and thus recommend to start with a bunch of basic maintenance steps to make sure your system is optimised for the next time you want to change your image.

To start fresh, please clear your browser's cache and cookies, close the browser window, and open a new one. As a temporary alternative and for issue-isolation purposes, you can choose the private browsing mode of your browser (e.g., Chrome's incognito mode).

Next, please follow these steps:
Check and see that you have the latest version of Flash installed (http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer). If you've installed any plugins (AdBlock, Flashblock, HTTPS everywhere, etc.) on your browser, please disable them, as this may help. Plugins can sometimes block SoundCloud from working properly. Additionally, please disable or allow for an exemption on any pop up blocker, firewall, or antivirus on your computer. In the event that you are still experiencing difficulties, you may also want to try a different browser (Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc.) to see if the issue continues. This way we can confirm whether or not this is a local issue on your browser.I hope this helps!

Cheers
Mathis

can you please upload this picture for me as my profile image? everyone I try it dosent work.
Mine profile image also will not change also can you upload this for me please.

Can you help me as Well? I want to change my profile picture from my iPhone but it wont let me on the new update on the app. It doesnt give me an option and Ive tried using the safari but nothing helps.
hi i tried everythin to upload my image but it still not working!!can you help me too and upload it for me for my profile and all of my tracks this one , please help me it's been month i try and i can't do it!!!

hi i tried everythin to upload my image but it still not working!!can you help me too and upload it for me for my profile and all of my tracks this one , please help me it's been month i try and i can't do it!!!

• the image i wanted to upload was more than 800/800 and less than 2 MB, i have the latest version of Flash installed no plugins on my browser and i tried a different browser Firefox and Chrome unfortunatly it's still not working i really ned your help therefore i use sound cloud for my communication on my music's band it's my job and it's really important for me to upload it !
  • thank you so much
  • peace!
  • ourdia