Question

I can't record?

When I try clicking on the record button, it won't let me record.

13 replies

Please someone help. I'm on my computer and it's not letting me record.
I'm having this issue too! When I choose the record button, it'll flash the recording page for a millisecond then prompt me to upload a file from my computer. It seems like a glitch, but it's frustrating. I hope the issue gets fixed quickly! 0.0
That's not really the issue I am having. What I mean is that the record button is not clickable. But I guess I need a mic.
Steven Schneider, did you get a solution.... i am having the same issue.
I have the same problem. Can anyone help?
I know this might not be a good answer or so, but i cant find a record button at all...:?:?:?:( Help
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there everyone,

Sorry to hear the recording functionality doesn't seem to be working properly. For the moment being, I'd recommend you to use an audio recording / editing app such as Audacity, export your recording into a new audio file (.wav, .mp3), then upload the file to your SoundCloud account. This will also provide you with the advantage of being able to edit your recording, or go back to it and mix it at a later stage.

The old recording function on the website is based on the Flash player, so this might be failing when trying to record.

Cheers
Mathis

P.S.: @Jacob Cole - Yes, if you want to record something, you will definitely a microphone for that. many laptops come with a built in microphone.
Had this problem for months but fixed it! I left clicked the lock to the left of the URL, went down to the Flash area and set it to Always Allow. Upon refreshing the page it worked again. Hope this works for you too!
That worked perfect for me! Thanks @IPutNoEffortIntoThis
Wow thanks. I've been trying for hours and the lock to the left URL worked!
I've updated my chrome version, made flash always allow and I still don't have the record button feature. Now what?
This is the reply from Soundcloud: I would like to share some news with you. The feature to record inside your web browser was built over 7 years ago with Adobe Flash. Adobe Flash is soon to be deprecated, and it no longer makes sense to continue offering the existing feature as is. Thus, we’re removing the option to record inside the web browser.

Why are we not replacing it?

We feel the existing options out there to record audio on your desktop computer are far more advanced than the simple record feature that we provided, and many apps offer a direct SoundCloud integration to upload right from inside your audio software. Once you have made your recording and edited it to your liking, all you need to do is upload it to SoundCloud. Additionally, removing the record feature and not replacing it will free up valuable resources to stay focused on our strengths.

If you have feedback regarding this change, please let us know in a reply below.

Cheers,
- Tiffany
This is the reply from Soundcloud: I would like to share some news with you. The feature to record inside your web browser was built over 7 years ago with Adobe Flash. Adobe Flash is soon to be deprecated, and it no longer makes sense to continue offering the existing feature as is. Thus, we’re removing the option to record inside the web browser.

Why are we not replacing it?

We feel the existing options out there to record audio on your desktop computer are far more advanced than the simple record feature that we provided, and many apps offer a direct SoundCloud integration to upload right from inside your audio software. Once you have made your recording and edited it to your liking, all you need to do is upload it to SoundCloud. Additionally, removing the record feature and not replacing it will free up valuable resources to stay focused on our strengths.

If you have feedback regarding this change, please let us know in a reply below.

Cheers,
- Tiffany

I hope they add it back! With everything going to the cloud I think it's would be a great decision to do so