Question

I can't upload my profile picture

I can't upload my profile picture. I've tried uploading it in various sizes but when I select an image the box where the image should be stays blank. Any ideas?

58 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there Fantom,

Thanks for writing in about this. Please note that your profile image should be no larger then 2MB. If this is already the case, can you try a different browser to see if the same thing happens in there, too?

Other then that, I'd recommend to start with the steps outlined here. If this doesn't work, please feel free to attach your image here and we'll try and see if we can update it for you from our end.

Cheers,
Mathis
hello Mathis,
I use a mac and I am having problems uploading my new pic. Would that be so kind to help me out on that? I am attaching my new picture. Thanks a lot.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
hello Mathis,
I use a mac and I am having problems uploading my new pic. Would that be so kind to help me out on that? I am attaching my new picture. Thanks a lot.

Hi there Therampager,

Sorry about the delay in responding on this one - looks like you've been able to get the image updated - perfect! Did you end up fixing the issue, or did you use a different device to update?

Cheers,
Mathis
Can you help me too? I want this as my profilepicture ( on my phone app) Thank you soo much

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
hello Mathis,

Hi there KhristophDj,

So so sorry this post didn't get its proper follow up. If it is of any help, I've now updated that image of yours.

Cheers,
Mathis
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Can you help me too? I want this as my profilepicture ( on my phone app) Thank you soo much
Hi Sara,

It looks like this profile artwork is already in place on your account. If you're still seeing an outdated artwork on your mobile device, then this is likely the cache on the phone causing this. I'd recommend logging out of your account on your device and closing the SoundCloud app completely, restarting the device, then try again if the app updates properly now.

Hope this helps!
Cheers,
Mathis
Hello Mathis,

Sorry to jump on the band wagon, but could you do mine too?
Many thanks.

-Sam

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hey Sam, this has now been updated. I'm not able to reproduce this issue, in any of the above mentioned cases, and issues around image uploading were fixed a while back so there shouldn't be a bug causing this on our end any longer.

Thus, I'd like to mention our set of basic maintenance / troubleshooting here. These steps can sort out a number of issues concerned around web-features that might not work properly, so it might be helping with the image upload issues as well.

To start fresh, please clear your browser's cache and cookies, close the browser window, and open a new one. As a temporary alternative and for issue-isolation purposes, you can choose the private browsing mode of your browser (e.g., Chrome's incognito mode).

Next, please follow these steps:
  • Check and see that you have the latest version of Flash installed (http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer).
  • If you've installed any plugins (AdBlock, Flashblock, HTTPS everywhere, etc.) on your browser, please disable them, as this may help. Plugins can sometimes block SoundCloud from working properly. Additionally, please disable or allow for an exemption on any pop up blocker, firewall, or antivirus on your computer.
  • In the event that you are still experiencing difficulties, you may also want to try a different browser (Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc.) to see if the issue continues. This way we can confirm whether or not this is a local issue on your browser.
I hope this does the trick for the next time you want to change the image :-)

Cheers
Mathis
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I want to upload my picture but it will not work can you fix this feature and mak....

Can not upload new profile picture.
Excellent. Many thanks. I'll give them a go next time. Thank you for sorting it for me this time round though 🙂
Hello Mathis,

Could you also upload mine? I keep trying and none of my browsers will upload it.

This is to upload my sound cloud profile picture not the forum.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
This is to upload my sound cloud profile picture not the forum.
Hey there,

That's done now. I didn't run into any troubles when doing so, thus I'd like to collect some data from you:
  1. Which Operating System are you using?
  2. Which Browsers have you tested?
  3. Have you made sure any extensions / plugins / addons are disabled (HTTPS Everywhere, AdBlock, etc.)?
  4. What was the error message / What happened when you clicked on "Choose new Image"?
  5. Do you have any particular Antivirus / Firewall Software?
  6. Are you behind a Proxy server or VPN?
  7. Are you connecting to the internet via WLAN or Ethernet?
If you're unsure about any of the above steps, feel free to let me know. In order to get this issue isolated, it is important to have as many details as possible.

Lastly, if you can still reproduce the issue, please open the console before you go ahead, then take a screenshot of your browser window including the console to see if any obvious error logging happens.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Cheers
Mathis
hello Mathis,

Could you change mine for me also? I have a Mac and I've tried everything multiple times with no luck. Thank you so much!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Could you change mine for me also? I have a Mac and I've tried everything multiple times with no luck. Thank you so much!
Hi there,

This should now be all set. Sorry about the delay in getting back to you. I did notice a delay before the updated artwork would show. We'll keep an eye out for that.

Cheers
Mathis
Thanks so much but it still isn't up. My profile picture hasn't changed. If you don't mind, could you try again? Thanks again!
I hate to add another pic problem for you to solve... But I am having huge issues trying to get my blank profile pic to take any of my photos, no matter what small sizes I've made them, or trying chrome incognito, which I read in the above thread. My yoga teacher, meghan currie, who is an artist on soundcloud turned me on to it, and I love it, but just can't get myself set up.
Here is the latest of my tries for my profile...

Hi there Fantom,

Thanks for writing in about this. Please note that your profile image should be no larger then 2MB. If this is already the case, can you try a different browser to see if the same thing happens in there, too?

Other then that, I'd recommend to start with the steps outlined here. If this doesn't work, please feel free to attach your image here and we'll try and see if we can update it for you from our end.

Cheers,
Mathis

Hey, can you please also fix mine? I'm really upset that my picture from facebook uploaded without my knowledge, it's not what I wanted. I've attached the pic. Please please please!

(And just to be clear, I mean my actual soundcloud photo, not the community one)
Hey can you please also add my picture? I've tried everything... Please!

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hey can you please also add my picture? I've tried everything... Please!
Hey girl,

Got your profile all good to go. Apologies for the inconvenience!

Best,
Gina
hello Mathis,

I can't navigate my way through the app, and there is no option to change my profile picture. I want to change it to the image attached, and as I'm on ipad- no matter how hard I try to change it, it's not working. So could you try and change my picture to this one attached please? Thank you so much.

Good Morning,

Could I also please get help with my profile picture. It also doesn't want to load.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Good Morning,

Could I also please get help with my profile picture. It also doesn't want to load.

Hi Triple Sunrise,

Please let us know which troubleshooting steps you've tried, what OS and browsers you're working with, and what the exact symptoms were. Despite the fact that there are users who don't seem to be able to update their profile pictures, we weren't able to reproduce the issue from over here, which makes it difficult to pinpoint the root cause of the issue.

If you're unsure about the troubleshooting steps, please review the original post on this convo.

If you continue to experience troubles, please attach your image here in your next reply, alongside the other info so we can take a look and see if we can help.

Cheers
Mathis
hello Mathis,

Can you help me too? I want to make this my profile