Question

I can't use the new uploader or edit function on Google Chrome.

• 7 November 2014
  • 12 replies

I'm unable to use any of the input fields in the new upload/edit screens. I'm only able to use the 'classic uploader' to upload audio, and I can't change radio buttons and other settings if I choose to edit a track afterwards.

I'm running the latest version of Google Chrome.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Michael,

Thank you for writing in about this. Hmm, super strange if you're up to the latest version of Chrome. Maybe something else is blocking SoundCloud from fully functioning here then. Please give this conversation a read through and try the maintenance steps outlined in the first post. Let us know if this continues to be an issue and we'll take a closer look together.

Cheers,
Mathis
Sorry for taking so long to reply, it's been a busy week!

I followed the instructions - I tried clearing cookies and history, and disabling all extensions hasn't worked.

A little bit more detail:

- None of the checkboxes work
- If I drag an audio file into Chrome, I can access the new upload interface, but the album artwork button doesn't work, nor does the private/public radio box.
- I can't edit anything in the 'permissions' tab

Weird problem! Any more advice?

Cheers,
Michael
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hey Michael,

Thanks for getting back. Hmm, sounds super weird indeed. Have you tried a different browser to see if the same behavior happens in there as well? This might at least isolate the issue a bit further.

Cheers,
Mathis
Strangely enough it seems to work fine in Internet Explorer. - just not in Chrome!
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Michael,

That's great to hear it works on IE but it should work on all browsers. Quick question, what OS are you on?

-Gina
I'm using Windows 8.1 and, if it's at all relevant, it's running on a 64-bit processor.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
I'm using Windows 8.1 and, if it's at all relevant, it's running on a 64-bit processor.
Hi Michael,

Thanks for the update & sorry about the delay in terms of following up - I'm running a number of tests on a virtual machine to try and see if I can reproduce this from over here. I'll update here once I have news.

Cheers,
Mathis
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Alright - here's a quick update on this: We were able to reproduce this now and have reported to our developers. Hopefully, we can soon put a fix for this into place.
Great, thanks guys! Looking forward to the fix.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hey Michael,

A fix for this has just been released. Can you try and go ahead to see if this is now working properly for you also?

Cheers,
Mathis
Awesome, it's fixed! Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Glad to hear this is now working for you :-)

Happy SoundClouding,

Cheers,
Mathis