Answered

I downloaded a song, but then I never gave credit to the owner...

• 4 January 2015
  • 1 reply

I was young when I downloaded the song, and I was currently making a video game and wanted to incorporate it in my game. When I did, I deleted the artist and any other signs from its previous owner, including its name. Nowadays, I feel bad for not crediting the artist, because the song was amazing and I'd like to praise. I was just wondering if there was any way I could find him on SoundCloud. Thanks
icon

Best answer by Gina 4 January 2015, 13:35

Hi Papasnow,

Thats incredibly thoughtful of you to go back to give credit to the artist. If you have the name of the artist and/or track title then yes, I encourage you to search for them on SoundCloud as well as in a general browser search. Just be aware that if you do find a match on SoundCloud you may want to go the extra step and message the creator to make sure it is indeed the artist and not another user using the same name.

Best of luck and please let me know if you have any further questions.

Best,
Gina
View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Papasnow,

Thats incredibly thoughtful of you to go back to give credit to the artist. If you have the name of the artist and/or track title then yes, I encourage you to search for them on SoundCloud as well as in a general browser search. Just be aware that if you do find a match on SoundCloud you may want to go the extra step and message the creator to make sure it is indeed the artist and not another user using the same name.

Best of luck and please let me know if you have any further questions.

Best,
Gina