Question

I uploaded 5 live DJ mixes and the 2 oldest have been removed in the last month. Can anybody help explain why and how I can get them back?

• 11 April 2015
  • 2 replies

I had uploaded over 5 live DJ mixes and the two oldest have been removed in the last month. Can anybody help explain why and how I can get them back?

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Hi James,

Thanks for visiting the help forums :)

I've just had a quick look for your profile, am hoping the below is the correct one:

https://soundcloud.com/jamesm002

From what I can see, you are a free user which will give you 180 mins of upload time. Now, the mixes you have there currently total about 166 mins, only leaving 14 mins of upload space available to you. This initially leads me to wonder if you were paying for a "Pro" or "Pro Unlimited" account which has since expired & put you back down to a "Free" user. This would explain why the oldest mixes are no longer visible as, in that example, your older tracks are "hidden" if you go back to a free status from pro status. When the account upgrade is re-established then any hidden sounds are then shown on your profile again.

The only other explanation would be that you deleted the mixes to make room for the newer mixes, but then one would assume you would remember such activity so my guess is the previous scenario is more applicable to you. If this is the case you should have received an email to advise your pro account was due to expire.

I hope this helps but any further queries or questions on this, or anything else, please do not hesitate to get back in touch.

Regards

DJ R.I.P
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hey hey,

Confirming What DJ R.I.P says here. It looks like you've used up all 180 minutes of upload space allowed for free accounts. This is why some of your tracks are now hidden and you cannot upload more.

In order for all of them to appear on your account, you can either upgrade to a Pro plan or delete some sounds to make space on your account for new uploads.

You can check out what tracks are hidden on your account here: https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks. To delete click to 'view hidden tracks' and hover your mouse over the track for the 'trash' icon to appear.

Please note: deleted tracks can not be restored. If you have any concerns about this, let us know.

Hope I was able to clear things up for you!

Cheers
Mathis