Question

I want to set limit for uploading (kbps). Does that option excist cause couldn't find anything about it.

• 16 November 2015
  • 3 replies

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Hmm, not entirely sure what exactly you're trying to do. Do you want to be able to choose how much upload capacity of your internet connection is used for uploading tracks to SoundCloud? If so, you would need to find a way to set this for the browser you're using.

If, however, you're referring to kbps in terms of the mp3 audio quality, then please note that all of our users' uploads are converted into 128kbps mp3 audio files for streaming. If you enabled downloads for your tracks, your listeners can download the file that you've uploaded, so you could upload a higher quality mp3 or wav file for instance and enable downloads for that track.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Mathis
Hey,

Thanks on reply, it's for limiting speed while uploading. I'm unhappy that there is no option in any settings to choose at which speed you want to upload/download. Probably will fix through browser.

Cheers,
Phil
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hey,

Thanks on reply, it's for limiting speed while uploading. I'm unhappy that there is no option in any settings to choose at which speed you want to upload/download. Probably will fix through browser.

Cheers,
Phil

Hi Phil,

Thanks for following up and clarifying this. Hopefully, you can find a tool to still achieve this through your browser.

Cheers
Mathis