Question

Image upload error

Why can't I upload an image? I've ensured its a jpg of 500x500, under 2mb. I uploaded the song successfully, but its displaying an error message each image upload. I'd appreciate a solution asap.

137 replies

I too am getting this issue on both Profile pictures and Song artwork.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi guys,

Thanks for posting on our help forum. Apologies about the inconvenience here. We've reached out to our engineers about this and they confirmed an outage on one of our storage servers last night, which was likely the root cause for your issue.

If this is still an issue for you, please perform basic maintenance:
  • To start fresh, clear your browser's cache and cookies, close the browser window, and open a new one.
  • Check and see that you have the latest version of Flash installed (http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer).
  • If you've installed any plugins (Adblock, Flashblock, HTTPS everywhere) on your browser, please disable them, as this may help. Plugins can sometimes block SoundCloud from working properly. Additionally, please disable or allow for an exemption on any pop up blocker, firewall, or antivirus on your computer.
  • In the event that you are still experiencing difficulties, please try a different browser (Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc.) to see if the issue continues. This way we can confirm whether or not this is a local issue on your browser.
Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Mathis
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled why cant i change my cover art and profile picture ????.

i cant change my vover art and its really really annoying!!!!!!!
Image upload is still not working after clearing caches and up to date flash.

Once hitting save it shows my images for the track correctly... but upon a reload or a share - NO IMAGE.

Your systems are not reliable.
Hi guys,

Thanks for posting on our help forum. Apologies about the inconvenience here. We've reached out to our engineers about this and they confirmed an outage on one of our storage servers last night, which was likely the root cause for your issue.

To start fresh, clear your browser's cache and cookies, close the browser window, and open a new one.Check and see that you have the latest version of Flash installed (http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer). If you've installed any plugins (Adblock, Flashblock, HTTPS everywhere) on your browser, please disable them, as this may help. Plugins can sometimes block SoundCloud from working properly. Additionally, please disable or allow for an exemption on any pop up blocker, firewall, or antivirus on your computer. In the event that you are still experiencing difficulties, please try a different browser (Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc.) to see if the issue continues. This way we can confirm whether or not this is a local issue on your browser.Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Mathis

Hi, I had the problem for a few days, then it all of sudden worked again, but my music partner wants to upload our tracks with our mutual picture too and can't get the picture to stick. it shows for a few seconds and then back to the old profile picture.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Images not retained.

uploading new images for pieces of music does not work, on any browser and on different computers. the change appears, but it is not retained. anyone else have this problem, or tips?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Dafydd,

Thanks for posting. I've merged your topic with a similar conversation on our help forum. Sorry to hear image upload isn't working properly for you at the moment. We've recently experienced difficulties with our uploading capabilities, however these should be resolved by now. From what you describe, I believe the issue hails from the actual image file that you're trying to upload - can you make sure it is under 2MB in file size please?

I've tested this myself and recognized uploading larger images won't lead to an error message at the moment, but also won't stick upon refreshing the page - this certainly is confusing and not ideal. We've reported this to our developers to see how we can improve this in the future.

If this does not work for you, please make sure to go through the troubleshooting steps I've outlined in an earlier response to this conversation (clearing cache, disabling extensions/ add-ons, etc.).

Feel free to let us know here whether or not this worked for you. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,
Mathis
Hi Dafydd,

Thanks for posting. I've merged your topic with a similar conversation on our help forum. Sorry to hear image upload isn't working properly for you at the moment. We've recently experienced difficulties with our uploading capabilities, however these should be resolved by now. From what you describe, I believe the issue hails from the actual image file that you're trying to upload - can you make sure it is under 2MB in file size please?

I've tested this myself and recognized uploading larger images won't lead to an error message at the moment, but also won't stick upon refreshing the page - this certainly is confusing and not ideal. We've reported this to our developers to see how we can improve this in the future.

If this does not work for you, please make sure to go through the troubleshooting steps I've outlined in an earlier response to this conversation (clearing cache, disabling extensions/ add-ons, etc.).

Feel free to let us know here whether or not this worked for you. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,
Mathis

hi Mathis, sorry I answer to your reply to someone else but since we are having the same problem; no it doesn't matter if the picture is smaller ( way smaller in fact) we have tried the same picture with different file sizes. same happens and my friend took the steps you earlier outlined any more suggestions?
Hi Dafydd,

Cheers,
Mathis

same for me: everything disabled, small size, picture appears but is not retained ....
Maithas.... there are many problems... uploading being one.

Check this track... 7 attempts to upload this image and finally it stuck, for no particular reason.

now... despite the image sticking... when I share the track on FB.... the image will not follow and all I get is my main page logo....

https://soundcloud.com/apex-camp/dex-stakker-digital-apex-friday-night-burning-man-2014

Soundcloud isn't keeping pace with normal.

Why are the basics non-functioning?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Check this track... 7 attempts to upload this image and finally it stuck, for no particular reason.

now... despite the image sticking... when I share the track on FB.... the image will not follow and all I get is my main page logo....

https://soundcloud.com/apex-camp/dex-stakker-digital-apex-friday-night-burning-man-2014

Hi APEX,

Thanks for posting. We've reported back to our developers. Admittedly, fixing the image uploading issues has proven to be more complex then initially believed. Rest assured we're doing what we can to get this sorted asap.

Apart from that, the Facebook issue you're referring to is actually a separate known issue. We're providing steps to work around this issue here.

I've debugged the track that you referred to (https://soundcloud.com/apex-camp/dex-stakker-digital-apex-friday-night-burning-man-2014) already, so sharing it to Facebook again should now work just fine.

Cheers,
Mathis

Tank you mathias for specifically correcting my file.. good to know there is a way for someone to positively affect the issues.

Now to automate it!

Darrin

Worth noting Mathias....

When using eh share tool to FB, the image DOES show as I would expect.

When CUT and PASTE of the URL into Facebook, the images DOES NOT show and is still producing an error.

FYI for your development team
Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi again,

Thanks for following up on this and providing all the info - this really helps! I've reached out to the developers who are looking into facebook sharing issues at the moment.

Apart from that, we do have a separate conversation on our forum to address Facebook sharing issues here. Please let us know there if anything else comes up in this regards. I'll post Facebook related updates in that conversation, too. To make sure you'll know about it, make sure to "Follow" that conversation, too :-)

Cheers,
Mathis
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Hi I am having a problem uploading a new profile image to my sound cloud and i h....

I CANT UPLOAD A IMAGE its almost as if the upload new image button is not working and i have had this problem for a long time now
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Hi I am having a problem uploading a new profile image to my sound cloud and i h....

I CANT UPLOAD A IMAGE its almost as if the upload new image button is not working and i have had this problem for a long time now

Hi SuperN.O.V.A,

I've merged your conversation with this one, as it looks like you're experiencing the same issue.

After we had received reports by a number of users about this, we've talked to our developers and they have since built a fix for this. There might still be a slight delay before the new image shows, however if you've uploaded an image that is no bigger than 2MB in file size, it should definitely stick. When you're adjusting this on your profile or on a track edit page, please also make sure to remember and click on "Save changes" to make sure this is saved properly. (I've forgotten this before myself actually)

If image upload is still an issue for you, please perform the following basic maintenance steps:
  • To start fresh, clear your browser's cache and cookies, close the browser window, and open a new one.
  • Check and see that you have the latest version of Flash installed (http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer).
  • If you've installed any plugins (Adblock, Flashblock, HTTPS everywhere) on your browser, please disable them, as this may help. Plugins can sometimes block SoundCloud from working properly. Additionally, please disable or allow for an exemption on any pop up blocker, firewall, or antivirus on your computer.
  • In the event that you are still experiencing difficulties, please try a different browser (Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc.) to see if the issue continues. This way we can confirm whether or not this is a local issue on your browser.
Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Mathis

Hi Mathis I have also tried all these steps and having no luck. Ta
Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hey Josh,

Sorry to hear about the troubles. Let's see - would you be able to post the image here so I can try and see if I can update it from our end? If so, please make sure to let me know whether you want to have it uploaded as your new profile image or as the artwork for a specific track.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,
Mathis
Userlevel 2
Hi guys,

To start fresh, clear your browser's cache and cookies, close the browser window, and open a new one.Check and see that you have the latest version of Flash installed (http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer). If you've installed any plugins (Adblock, Flashblock, HTTPS everywhere) on your browser, please disable them, as this may help. Plugins can sometimes block SoundCloud from working properly. Additionally, please disable or allow for an exemption on any pop up blocker, firewall, or antivirus on your computer. In the event that you are still experiencing difficulties, please try a different browser (Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc.) to see if the issue continues. This way we can confirm whether or not this is a local issue on your browser.Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Mathis

Hello i had also the same problem but i've solved the issue with making the picture 50% smaller and uploaded the picture again. Now the profile picture is there , yessss
Userlevel 2
Image upload is still not working after clearing caches and up to date flash.

Once hitting save it shows my images for the track correctly... but upon a reload or a share - NO IMAGE.

Your systems are not reliable.

You have to change the size in paint, Just make the piture 50% smaller 😉 and uploaded it again
Userlevel 2
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Images not retained.

uploading new images for pieces of music does not work, on any browser and on different computers. the change appears, but it is not retained. anyone else have this problem, or tips?

Make your picture 50% smaller in paint... that will solve the problem 😉
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled does not change my profile picture?.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled does not change my profile picture?.
Hi there,

Can you make sure you've run through the different steps I've explained in my response to SuperN.O.V.A on October 27th, please?

If this doesn't work for some reason, please let us know the details here.

Cheers,
Mathis

Thanks - it seems to be working now
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled It has been 2 months. How have you not fixed the bug that allows people to change....