Question

Image upload error

Show first post

136 replies

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled It has been 2 months. How have you not fixed the bug that allows people to change....
open image in editor and save new image. good look
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I can't change profile picture! I keep on clicking upload new image, but the wind....
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I can't upload pictures for weeks and I don't know why 😕.

I just can't upload picture for my profile and for my tracks. The height and width is perfect, the size is not that big, but it just won't upload.

Hi there,
I have been trying for the last week or two to upload an image to my new soundcloud account and not having luck.
I click the button 'choose new image' (I currently have no image) and then a new window opens. I then click the button ;Upload new image' and nothing at all happens. I can't even choose an image. Any further suggestions?
Cheers.

I seem to be having the same issue. Whenever I try and upload a picture to my track it doesn't upload. Its 1.2mb. I tried using chrome and internet explorer. Sane issue,,,its so sad,

D
I seem to be having the same issue. Whenever I try and upload a picture to my track it doesn't upload. Its 1.2mb. I tried using chrome and internet explorer. Sane issue,,,its so sad,

D

sorry for my English ... Well , open your image in any editor , and save it again with another name. Try to upload this new saved photo .
sorry for my English ... Well , open your image in any editor , and save it again with another name. Try to upload this new saved photo .
Hi Mathis!
I read all posts and follwed all the steps mentioned.
I always get the same error while trying to save my header.
Correct resolution, correct file size and everything. Tried making it smaller, tried it via Chrome, Firefox oder IE. I'm running the latest Flash-Version, cleared my chache, all cookies and so on.
Always the samere error as you can see on my screenshot below.

thank you.

Hi guys,

Thanks for posting on our help forum. Apologies about the inconvenience here. We've reached out to our engineers about this and they confirmed an outage on one of our storage servers last night, which was likely the root cause for your issue.

If this is still an issue for you, please perform basic maintenance:
To start fresh, clear your browser's cache and cookies, close the browser window, and open a new one.Check and see that you have the latest version of Flash installed (http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer). If you've installed any plugins (Adblock, Flashblock, HTTPS everywhere) on your browser, please disable them, as this may help. Plugins can sometimes block SoundCloud from working properly. Additionally, please disable or allow for an exemption on any pop up blocker, firewall, or antivirus on your computer. In the event that you are still experiencing difficulties, please try a different browser (Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc.) to see if the issue continues. This way we can confirm whether or not this is a local issue on your browser.Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Mathis

The problem is definitely with safari...no I mean chrome....actually its because we didn't flush the caches.....whatever it is, it most certainly is not a problem that the soundcloud engineers need to fix....even though we have no problem uploading images on any other website...with any browser....and without flushing caches.

I tried all browsers and to no avail. Since it was the first image I ever tried to upload I doubt it has much to do with flushing caches or other BS.
Figured it out, you just have to enable browser fingerprinting and your image will upload...then you can disable it again...
my image is always chopped off at the shoulder no matter what image i upload ...even tried to change photo and it still shows the old chopped version...i've been asking same question for 2 years and still nothing responded or fixed🙄