Question

iPhone GarageBand upload fail

• 4 September 2016
  • 5 replies

Okay so I've been using the GarageBand app on my iPhone 6 to upload directly to Soundcloud. A few weeks ago it stopped working and I'm still just getting this message, "Upload failed: The song could not be uploaded. Please review your account details and try uploading again". Can anybody help me fix this please?

5 replies

Hi Vinesy,

Sorry to hear that. Hmm, I've double checked your account details, but everything looks fine from our end - your email address is properly confirmed, and you've got plenty of space to upload new tracks.

Garage Band is using our API to integrate direct upload into their apps, so it might be worth reaching out to their support as well to see if this is something they can fix from their end.

To troubleshoot and / or work around the issue, you could try the following:
  • try connecting to a different SoundCloud account (maybe you have a second account, or can use a friend's account for testing) to see if this is working.
  • Go to your Connection settings and see if the Garage Band app is in there. Revoke access, sign out of your account on your mobile device, maybe even restart your device, then try and start fresh with the integration.
  • Sync your composition to iTunes on a computer, then upload your track through a computer web browser like Chrome or Safari.
Hope this helps. Let us know how it went.

Cheers
Mathis

hey mathis im having this problem as well it worked literally a few minutes ago and no i cant uplaod anything
i been making so much songs on GarageBand but it looks like it won’t let me upload because of my account settings .... I need help
Also having an issue, i havent updated anything and i dont need to either, ive had no problem with uploading before although your app seems to be restrected more and more every time i update it, sort your shit.
I am having the exact same problem. Very frustrating.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Vinesy,

Sorry to hear that. Hmm, I've double checked your account details, but everything looks fine from our end - your email address is properly confirmed, and you've got plenty of space to upload new tracks.

Garage Band is using our API to integrate direct upload into their apps, so it might be worth reaching out to their support as well to see if this is something they can fix from their end.

To troubleshoot and / or work around the issue, you could try the following:
  • try connecting to a different SoundCloud account (maybe you have a second account, or can use a friend's account for testing) to see if this is working.
  • Go to your Connection settings and see if the Garage Band app is in there. Revoke access, sign out of your account on your mobile device, maybe even restart your device, then try and start fresh with the integration.
  • Sync your composition to iTunes on a computer, then upload your track through a computer web browser like Chrome or Safari.
Hope this helps. Let us know how it went.

Cheers
Mathis