Question

Issues with sharing from Ableton

• 2 June 2017
  • 3 replies

I'm attempting to upload a song a made on Ableton Live 9 Intro. I followed the steps, I clicked "Export Audio" and made sure to click "Upload Audio To Soundcloud and made sure it was in WAV. As soon as I hit export, I am sent to a small popup window which is prompting me to log in. When I attempt to login through google, I am shown a file download warning. It gives me the option to "Find" something to open the file or "Save" the file. No matter what I pick, once I click any of them, the window closes for the download and I'm left with just the "Share '___' to Soundcloud" window and is still prompting me to sign into Soundcloud. What am I doing wrong? I just want to upload my song.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Hope you were able to sort this out. I see you've uploaded two tracks since reaching out 🙂 The "usual suspect" for this type of issue is the email address on your account not being confirmed yet.

Cheers
Mathis
Dude, how did you figure it out? I'm having the exact same problem when signing in from Facebook and am losing my patience. Please respond asap. Did you just upload the wav from the website or what?
Dude, how did you figure it out? I'm having the exact same problem when signing in from Facebook and am losing my patience. Please respond asap. Did you just upload the wav from the website or what? Is a very known issue on ableton & soundcloud https://soundcloudcommunity.com/uploading-transcoding-230060/upload-to-soundcloud-from-ableton-live-problem-on-windows-7002874
You ust don't get logged in, the api of soundcloud don't redirects you to the upload service, just downloads the desktop file without extension that contains an "ok" and get stuck in there. Your only way to upload this is manually. It's been more than a year that this issue is known for both, ableton and soundcloud and any of them repairs it https://www.ableton.com/answers/ableton-live-9-uploading-to-soundcloud-tries-to-download-open-a-file-named-desktop
Hope i saved some of your time looking or waiting for a solution... maybe the next ableton version will fix it ... maybe ....