Answered

Limiting access to my tracks

Hello: Is it possible to configure my account so that someone wanting to hear my tracks needs to log in with a specific password that I have provided them? The reason I ask this is that I'd like to upload the tracks to SoundCloud and then use it as a platform for inviting labels to hear my work. It occurs to me that a label with interest in my music might not want me to be sharing it across the internet before they can get their hands on it. Thoughts? - Geoff
icon

Best answer by s l i g h t 25 July 2018, 11:38

Even free accounts can set tracks or playlists to private. It is what most people in your situation do and what labels expect. You could set up a password-protected Wordpress or similar blog page with the tracks embedded, but it seems a bit unnecessary. It might even give the impression you're too protective of your music and put people off before they've even listened.
View original

2 replies

If you have a pro account put the track on Private then you can make a private link to share to them so only people who have the link can listen.
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Even free accounts can set tracks or playlists to private. It is what most people in your situation do and what labels expect. You could set up a password-protected Wordpress or similar blog page with the tracks embedded, but it seems a bit unnecessary. It might even give the impression you're too protective of your music and put people off before they've even listened.