Question

Multiple Tags

• 5 April 2017
  • 4 replies

I couldn't find a sub forum that seems to fit my need so I posted it here.

I am adding over 400 tracks and found that the tagging system seems inadequate for what I want to do. While most of my tracks have five common tags, the rest of the tags are unique to each track.

Tagging on SoundCloud seems to work differently than YouTube or Vimeo, where I use tags that have been prepared beforehand and paste them in. I commonly use multiple word tags, each one being separated by a comma.

Herein lies the problem as SoundCloud simply creates a tag for each word. This means that if I paste in "God is love," SoundCloud interprets my tag as "God" "is" "love." What is the solution?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there EAEC,

I'm afraid it is currently not possible to add tags that consist of multiple terms via copy & paste. I will make sure to pass on your query to the relevant product team though.

If you have your tags in a predefined list, I'd recommend to sort that so that one word tags are first, so at least you don't have to copy & paste each of those individually.

Best
Mathis
Hi Mathis,
Not sure if you still work over there at the Soundclouds, but this is absolutely brutal and a costly extra step to manually type multi-word tags instead of pasting. Is there no work around at all (besides your suggestion to begin our tag lists with single word tags, which is a good one...)

Please do your best to let your peeps there know how important this is. We want Soundcloud to succeed, this would be a worthwhile and strong step towards that success.

Love,
The Sean Eddy

Hi there EAEC,

I'm afraid it is currently not possible to add tags that consist of multiple terms via copy & paste. I will make sure to pass on your query to the relevant product team though.

If you have your tags in a predefined list, I'd recommend to sort that so that one word tags are first, so at least you don't have to copy & paste each of those individually.

Best
Mathis
I too need to paste tags with embedded spaces. But SoundCloud still splits words in pasted strings into separate tags.

Is there a work-around for this by now?

Danke,
..Bill..