Question

My available upload time won' recalculate!

• 28 May 2015
  • 9 replies

When I started my day, it said that I've got 16 minutes of upload time available.

I needed an additional 20 or so minutes for my next upload so I decided to delete 4 of my existing tracks in order to free up the necessary space.

After removing the tracks, I click on the upload tab and it's still telling me that I only have 16 minutes available.

Obviously If I would of known that was going to happen, then of course I would never of ever deleted anything considering 16 minutes isn't even enough free space to re-upload what I just deleted.

Sooo... What's the deal?

Thank you in advance and I appreciate any of your attention given to this issue.

____Joe "LUNA.LAWX" Essick

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Thanks for posting. I recommend to post in regular font in the future, not in bold. Now, let's see - I've looked into this and you've currently used 178 of your 180 minutes of total upload quota.

If you've deleted a bunch of tracks but the quota still didn't go up, I believe you've had other tracks that were already hidden on your account because you had exceeded your quota - if you look on your tracks page - maybe some of your oldest tracks have now become visible again? I can confirm that if you delete more track now, your quota will increase.

If track become hidden, you can check out what tracks are hidden on your account here: https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks. To delete click to 'view hidden tracks' and hover your mouse over the track for the 'trash' icon to appear.

Hope I was able to clear things up for you!

Cheers
Mathis
Hey Mathis,

Man, I'm so sorry for wasting your time with this issue.

As soon as I finished posting my problem in the forum, I'd gone back to my profile and seen the correct time updated and then I completely forgot to come back and delete my help forum posting.

Going on 4 years now, I've never experienced an issue with how the site calculates my upload time but now I know that there's going to be a short delay after deleting multiple tracks. Fair enough.

Again, sorry for wasting your time, I won't do that again but for what it's worth, I definitely appreciate your rapid response.

Take care & Be well.

P.S. What the hell's wrong with posting in bold font?!?
I'm pretty sure that it's an option made available so that... Well, for people to use, no?

https://soundcloud.com/andy-garcia-reyes
Hi there,

Thanks for posting. I recommend to post in regular font in the future, not in bold. Now, let's see - I've looked into this and you've currently used 178 of your 180 minutes of total upload quota.

If you've deleted a bunch of tracks but the quota still didn't go up, I believe you've had other tracks that were already hidden on your account because you had exceeded your quota - if you look on your tracks page - maybe some of your oldest tracks have now become visible again? I can confirm that if you delete more track now, your quota will increase.

If track become hidden, you can check out what tracks are hidden on your account here: https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks. To delete click to 'view hidden tracks' and hover your mouse over the track for the 'trash' icon to appear.

Cheers
Mathis

I deleted like 5-10 ~4 minute tracks and my time left still didnt go up, can you help?
Having the same issue. I deleted a bunch of tracks but my quota doesn't change. When I check for hidden tracks, there are none. Both firefox and flash are up to date. Also, it says I have 40 tracks and I only have 35.
">Hey Mathis,

Man, I'm so sorry for wasting your time with this issue.

As soon as I finished posting my problem in the forum, I'd gone back to my profile and seen the correct time updated and then I completely forgot to come back and delete my help forum posting.

Going on 4 years now, I've never experienced an issue with how the site calculates my upload time but now I know that there's going to be a short delay after deleting multiple tracks. Fair enough.

Again, sorry for wasting your time, I won't do that again but for what it's worth, I definitely appreciate your rapid response.

Take care & Be well.

P.S. What the hell's wrong with posting in bold font?!?
I'm pretty sure that it's an option made available so that... Well, for people to use, no?

I appreciate this post staying here! I just had this issue, having deleted EVERYTHING in my account and hadn't gotten any additional time back... now I'll just be patient and hopefully tomorrow everything will be good to go. Thanks!
Having the same issue. I deleted a bunch of tracks but my quota doesn't change. When I check for hidden tracks, there are none. Both firefox and flash are up to date. Also, it says I have 40 tracks and I only have 35.
I'm still having this issue...
also, it says i have 42 songs and there are only 39.
Why don't private tracks count as hidden? Also, why can't we manually decide which tracks are hidden so we can hide something to upload something else. i'm assuming soundcloud doesn't have server space issues...
Hi there,

Cheers
Mathis

I need help, same matter please contact me asap!! i deleted the tracks to get more space and time, not working still, thanks!!!