Answered

My latest upload is not showing up in iTunes playlist but it is available for subscribers. Can you help make it show up in the playlist?

• 21 October 2015
  • 10 replies

My latest track "Week 7 of the NFL Season" is not showing up in iTunes with the other tracks from the podcast. It is however showing up on the subscribers page in iTunes in "my podcasts". What to do?
icon

Best answer by Mathis 22 October 2015, 20:55

Hi there,

So far, the three of you seem to have reported this most recently. We'll forward your reports to our engineers to make sure it is not something on our backend that's causing this. However, we also recommend for you to get in touch with iTunes to see if there isn something they can do on their end - maybe there is just a delay in updating their caches.

Thanks for your patience and all the best
Mathis
View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch about this. Hmm, so I've looked into your tracks settings and in your general settings the for account from our end, and everything looks ok - your track is part of your RSS feed (you can test this by pasting the RSS feed url in the address field of a new browser tab).

Thus, it is basically up to iTunes to update this from their end. If this continues to be an issue, I'd recommend to get in touch with the iTunes support to see if they can find any clues as to why the track doesn't come through on iTunes.

Let us know how it went.

Cheers
Mathis
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Hi. The last two episodes of my pod cast are not uploading to itunes. I have chec....

The last 2 episodes of my podcast are not uploading to itunes. I have checked RSS feed enabled and it is. I have unticked RSS feed, saved and selected it again, saved and still not appearing. Any help would be great.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Hi. The last two episodes of my pod cast are not uploading to itunes. I have chec....

The last 2 episodes of my podcast are not uploading to itunes. I have checked RSS feed enabled and it is. I have unticked RSS feed, saved and selected it again, saved and still not appearing. Any help would be great.

Hi Li,

Same here in your case - everything seems fine from the SoundCloud end. Maybe there is a delay on iTunes end?
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled My last podcast track is not showing up on iTunes. What's the problem?.

All my first podcast tracks were perfectly uploaded on iTunes, expect for the last one, the 6th episode. What is going on? Is there a problem with my feed?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

So far, the three of you seem to have reported this most recently. We'll forward your reports to our engineers to make sure it is not something on our backend that's causing this. However, we also recommend for you to get in touch with iTunes to see if there isn something they can do on their end - maybe there is just a delay in updating their caches.

Thanks for your patience and all the best
Mathis
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled No iTunes sync.

hello, I have been hosting thru soundcloud and syncing with iTunes since January 2014 and my latest podcast is not syncing in the itunes feed for some reason. is this a glitch with iTunes or is it a problem localized in soundcloud right now? Track is enabled for rss feed in permissions and is not private. Thanks.
Hi, I'm running into the same problem with my podcast. It was fine thru episode 9 but the last two haven't shown up. I deleted episode 10 and uploaded a second time and that seemed to work but that's not something I want to do every time.
as of today, both the one I put up on Tuesday and this morning are now showing up in the actual iTunes program and on the iTunes website version. Maybe it was the uploading of another episode that triggered it as I had replaced original file on soundcloud, which doesn't erase or wipe clean the original play count. I suggest that to keep the count accurate you select 'replace file' instead of totally deleting next time as it keeps it seemless. My guess is that it was an iTunes error.
Tks guys, the latest episode is now showing up on iTunes, if I have the same issue again I'll try to replace the file and see what happens - hope I don't need this, actually. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Tks guys, the latest episode is now showing up on iTunes, if I have the same issue again I'll try to replace the file and see what happens - hope I don't need this, actually. =)
Great to hear!