Answered

My newest track won't play... I think something's wrong with the audio...

• 8 April 2018
  • 2 replies

Okay.

So.

I just released a new track on Bandcamp yesterday and... a big problem came up.

I noticed that the song is way quieter than it should be.

I know this because I took a reference track and did a comparison between my track and the reference in the DAW and clearly, my track was louder, and... when I took it to Bandcamp, it was way quieter compared to everything else, especially when I was using the exact same sound system. This applies to FireFox, Chrome, AND my LG G6 which has Android.

I made an audio visualiser video for the track to upload to YouTube... and... it'll keep saying it failed to process and spit my video right back out. I had no clue what the problem might have been. Yes, I tried this on FireFox as so many have said.

That's where SoundCloud comes into play.

I uploaded the same song on my SoundCloud account, and there's the problem itself, the audio won't play. This applies to both FireFox and Chrome. That must mean that the audio file and/or codec is corrupt.

The question is... what might be the things that cause an audio file to go corrupt?

Thanks in advance for replying, guys!
WintermintP

P.S. If any one of you mods are around, would it be okay if you could add tags that might fit this? Thanks guys!
icon

Best answer by WintermintP 8 April 2018, 07:54

OH?! The audio works after I plug the interface back in... O_O

Welp, that means all the more mystery toward the loudness and upload error problems...

WintermintP
View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Hmm, not sure which one is the track in question here, as you don't seem to have any tracks up that were uploaded around the time of your post here, but your three most recent tracks all seem to work properly on SoundCloud. Maybe it was merely a glitch with the audio settings on your computer? (I've had these before, a restart of the audio interface & computer often sorts this out).

Hope you were able to sort this out. If you did anything in particular to solve this, please share w/ the community.

Cheers
Mathis
OH?! The audio works after I plug the interface back in... O_O

Welp, that means all the more mystery toward the loudness and upload error problems...

WintermintP