Question

My recording will not upload

• 8 August 2016
  • 1 reply

I recorded an interview on the soundcloud website and it is uploading at .1 MB per minute. I went to soundcloud, I clicked the "upload" button at the top of the screen, I clicked the "start a new recording" button, from there I clicked "record", when finished I clicked "stop", then I clicked "upload your recording". That is where I'm having a problem. I have no way of downloading or saving the 35 minute interview I just did, and it will not upload to the site. How do I fix this? Is there anything I can do? Do I have to reschedule a new interview because of this?

Thanks
Joey

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there Joey,

Sorry to hear that. I'm afraid that if the upload of the browser recording failed, there is no option to save the recorded file 😕 The record function is using Flash, which might have crashed in the background on your browser, causing for the upload to not come through properly.

I would recommend to use an audio recording software such as Audacity to make your recordings - this way you can edit your recording, have the actual project file on your computer, and export into an audio file and upload that through your computer whenever you're ready.

All the best to you,
Mathis