Question

No record button next to the choose files button

• 13 October 2017
  • 6 replies

Hi,
I am trying to record some stuff for an online class I am taking, but when i click on the upload page there are only 2 things that I can click on. One of them is to upgrade to the soundcloud pro, and the other is to choose a file to upload. There should be another button on this page for me to record, but there isn't. I have tried 3 different computers and 2 different internet connections.
I really appreciate your help, thanks.

6 replies

Userlevel 1
This is so terrible I have to stay up all night to listen to a radio program which I would have recorded if I could upload these spirit messages then delete the audio file for recording space! No wonder I'm dying next year - from exhaustion!
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Please see here for more info & alternate ways to upload to SoundCloud. https://soundcloudcommunity.com/company-announcements-230058/removing-the-onsite-record-feature-7383807

@spiritspeak - the recording function is actually not part of the Pro or Pro Unlimited subscription, but was offered free of charge to anyone with a SoundCloud account. I've provided a brief "how to" post on the topic mentioned above - hope this helps to get your recordings back in effect so you can keep sharing to your audience on a regular basis 🙂

Cheers
Mathis

P.S.: Closing this topic to keep communication around this topic in one place.
Userlevel 1
I paid for this service, this is in effect a broken contract. I should sue!
Userlevel 1
Hi,

Same issue here! I have been asking my students to record with Soundcloud; everything was fine last winter. Lately, however, many students are have this same issue: no record button. I myself had no problem until today, when the record button doesn't show anymore.

This problem is present both on Mac and PC, and on a wide variety of browsers.

Thank you for your help!

It's terrible what they've done, makes no sense to me. I was uploading spirit messages for years via "RECORD NOW" .. now is gone & I am stuck as to how to transfer my spirit messages from my audio recorder onto my computer??
Same for me for the last couple of days. I downloaded a Flash update like SoundCloud suggested, but still no. Anyone have ideas on this?
Hi,

Same issue here! I have been asking my students to record with Soundcloud; everything was fine last winter. Lately, however, many students are have this same issue: no record button. I myself had no problem until today, when the record button doesn't show anymore.

This problem is present both on Mac and PC, and on a wide variety of browsers.

Thank you for your help!