Question

'NOT PLAYABLE' TRACK CANNOT be Streamed - Android App

Userlevel 5
What is happening with this? When I update a mix, I am unable to play it on the app. Been happening for about a month.. I have seen this reported in many places. What is the explanation and remedy please? This is very tedious and time consuming for a CRUCIAL feature of a paid pro subscription service.

Thank You.
Louie

UPDATE:
-tried uninstalling reinstalling app
-deleted cache on browser and within app
-reuploaded track

TO NO AVAIL.

** AFTER 4 attempts to reupload THE SAME FILE it finally works. This has happened to a number to a number of my songs over the past month or so.

18 replies

No bueno.

What model phone/os?
Userlevel 5
😞 Android 6.0 LGg4 H81120r Gracias 🆒Amigo.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Louie,

Yikes - sorry to hear this has happened to you! Glad to see this is now working. Our mobile engineers have been informed. When you report a similar issue in the future (fingers crossed you don't have to do so though), please make sure to add the song title & URL so we can look into this straight away. :-)

Best
Mathis
Userlevel 5
Still happening Mathis and Chris. Help please amigos.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
@Louie - please make sure to provide the track in question. Our engineers are aware of the issue and working on a fix, however until this can be fixed globally, we'll need the URLs of the tracks in question to be able to help on a case by case basis.

Cheers
Mathis
Userlevel 5
This happens Every single time i update a mix for the last month. Here is the latest.

PLEASE TRY TO FIX THIS GUYS.
I have people sending me messages saying the same thing when they try to listen to my tracks. Please fix.
We are having the same problem, working fine on most computers/browsers but following the link on a device brings the message "not playable" "track cannot be streamed"

This link has been used for promo and submitted to literally hundreds of blogs/labels/journalists. Please can you fix this issue asap? details below

Thanks

dt

https://soundcloud.com/user-645217658-785775621/whole/s-9mrrU

Band: Dear Tenement
Song: Whole
never mind.. can't be bothered
Will not show on my profile. These are my songs!

Listen to ShmokayRabbit - Milestones .mp3 by ShmokayRabbit #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/chris-palsrok/shmokayrabbit-milestones-mp3
I've got the same problem with this: https://soundcloud.com/lexy-marko/cover-2ne1-if-i-were-you track.
It plays normally when viewed directly on soundcloud but say "Not Playable" when following the link.
It's pretty damn annoying as there doesn't seem to be a way for me to fix it directly.
PPlease fix am having the same problem
I just uploaded an album to soundcloud and set it to private so that I can send it to my friends. For all my friends with an Android, they are unable to play the songs on their mobile app. It keeps saying, "NOT PLAYABLE. TRACK CANNOT BE STREAMED" This is extremely annoying, can this bug be fixed? Here is a link to the private album

https://soundcloud.com/haze6ix/sets/walk-in-my-shoes/s-bJnMb
On my page, I have one podcast, The Labor of love where Dr. John Gottman is interviewed. It says "not playable " Please let me know what to do to play it.
same problem
I'm having the same problem.
Same problem however it is for every single track that I have tried both in my playlists and when searching for tracks.
I use the app, wifi and use the free version
Since today is when it first occurred I think that it's something specific to the user but it's bloody annoying that I can't stream music while going day to day.
Please fix this as soon as possible.

Update: fixed in half an hour seemingly? I don't get why since I didn't do anything in particular. But I'm glad the app is working again
Same problem however it is for every single track that I have tried both in my playlists and when searching for tracks.
I use the app, wifi and use the free version
Since today is when it first occurred I think that it's something specific to the user but it's bloody annoying that I can't stream music while going day to day.
Please fix this as soon as possible.

Weird, same thing happening to me rn :|