Question

Odd "clipping" noise in a track I uploaded

• 4 December 2014
  • 5 replies

I've tried uploading a track three times now, and each time I get this odd clipping noise at two different points in the track and I can't figure out what's causing it. When I play the mp3 through Windows Media Player, this noise doesn't appear. The points are at 2:06 and 2:53 of the track linked here: https://soundcloud.com/thedirtymao/o-come-o-come-emmanuel. Anybody have any idea what's going on?

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Hi

I've just had a listen to the track in question along with a quick run through the other tracks on your profile (liking your sounds btw) the one in question seems massively louder in comparison to some of the other tracks & im wondering if it is maybe "overloading" the system when it comes to it being re-encoded for streaming. Have you tried reducing the overall DB level of the track & re-uploading it, maybe that will help?
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Dirty Mao,

We did some testing on your account (ignore any emails you may have received about changes to your subscription) and we found that the original file that was uploaded has the two click sounds in it. In other words, this isn't a result of our transcoding. Can you go back to the original file and take another listen?

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best,
Gina
djraveinpeace, thanks for the tip! I lowered the overall volume about 3db and the clipping noise wasn't there when I uploaded it again.
Userlevel 6
djraveinpeace, thanks for the tip! I lowered the overall volume about 3db and the clipping noise wasn't there when I uploaded it again.
Sweet as a nut mate 🙂

I was half right then haha! I'm glad that helped, keep up the quality work 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Awesome stuff! kudos to you, djraveinpeace!