Question

Playlist issue

• 20 February 2015
  • 10 replies

Trying to add a track to an existing playlist but not getting the option to add it. Also, the file/playlist I am trying to add to doesn't appear on my page's playlist but I can see this particular playlist on my stream.

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Hi SoSouth,

Thanks for visiting the help forums :)

Not sure if i can help or not in all honesty, but, just to cover some basics, do you have a link to the playlist you are trying to add to and, as a follow up question, is this a playlist that you have created yourself or is it one that has been posted or re-posted by another soundcloud user who you follow? If it is a playlist that someone else has created only they can add sounds to it so if you wanted your own sound to be added you would need to approach that user.

Extra info regarding playlists (and other "managing your sounds" information) can be found here as well (I can see you appear to be a fairly new user to soundcloud so I don't want to assume that you know all the ins and outs..if you do then fair enough)

http://help.soundcloud.com/customer/portal/topics/110294-tracks-playlists/articles

I hope this helps, but if not please come back & let us know. if you do need to expand a bit more, any urls/links to playlists or sounds will always help and screenshots as well (if possible)..general rule of thumb, the more info & details you can provide, the better :)

Regards

DJ R.I.P
I AM RECEIVING LOTS OF COMMUNICATIONS MESSAGES FROM YOU SUPPORT PEOPLE...THNG IS YOU ARE SENDING TO THE WRONG PERSON...I AM STEVE LAMBERT kalahansa-man. I AM NOT SoSOUTH OR ANY ONE OF THE SEVERAL PEOPLE THAT YOU THINK I AM. PLEASE ALL OF YOU, STOP SENDING ME UNWANTED MESSAGES.
Hi SoSouth,

Not sure if i can help or not in all honesty, but, just to cover some basics, do you have a link to the playlist you are trying to add to and, as a follow up question, is this a playlist that you have created yourself or is it one that has been posted or re-posted by another soundcloud user who you follow? If it is a playlist that someone else has created only they can add sounds to it so if you wanted your own sound to be added you would need to approach that user.

Extra info regarding playlists (and other "managing your sounds" information) can be found here as well (I can see you appear to be a fairly new user to soundcloud so I don't want to assume that you know all the ins and outs..if you do then fair enough)

http://help.soundcloud.com/customer/portal/topics/110294-tracks-playlists/articles

I hope this helps, but if not please come back & let us know. if you do need to expand a bit more, any urls/links to playlists or sounds will always help and screenshots as well (if possible)..general rule of thumb, the more info & details you can provide, the better :)

Regards

DJ R.I.P

Hello and thanks for responding.
The playlist is one I have created.
Yes, fairly new user here-lol.
This is what I see when I look at the playlist:

I do not see the playlist I am looking for in this list.
But when I look at the playlist from the "stream" or home view, I see the playlist I want:

which is the second playlist with Michael 5000 Watts.

How do I add another track to this Michael Watts playlist? I don't see the option in the edit tab.
Thanks!
Userlevel 6
Hi SoSouth,

Regards

DJ R.I.P

HI again :)

Thanks for the screenshots, thats a big help 🙂 (I don't work for soundcloud, just a regular on the forums so I don't have access to their systems), now I see you have private tracks which explains why I, as another soundcloud user, only saw that Michael 5000 Watts mix (I'll refer to this as the MW mix further down) on your profile.

As far as I can tell from your 2nd screen shots, the MW mix doesn't seem to be a playlist, just a standalone sound on your profile, its not a playlist itself, so if im understanding you correctly, you want the MW mix it it's own playlist, in which case you just need to click the "add to playlist" button you can see underneath the track in your screenshot & you should be presented with the option to add to an existing playlist or create a new one.

Hope that sorts it for you mate but if I've got the wrong end of the stick, let me know :)

Regards

DJ R.I.P
Hi SoSouth,

Regards

DJ R.I.P

Worked like a charm, you were spot on :0)
Thank you so much for the help, you are appreciated!
Hope you are having a great day.
~Sarah
Userlevel 6
Hi SoSouth,

Regards

DJ R.I.P

You're very welcome Sarah :D

I do apologise for calling you "mate" though, i'm in the UK & generally thats somthing you call another guy, one should never assume...ooops, so apologies (here's a more appropriate word) hun :)

Take it easy 😉
Hi SoSouth,

Regards

DJ R.I.P

No worries, I knew you thought I was a male when you called me mate and so I left my name at the end of my last email :0) Hun works fine....lol!
Be well,
Sarah
Userlevel 6
I AM RECEIVING LOTS OF COMMUNICATIONS MESSAGES FROM YOU SUPPORT PEOPLE...THNG IS YOU ARE SENDING TO THE WRONG PERSON...I AM STEVE LAMBERT kalahansa-man. I AM NOT SoSOUTH OR ANY ONE OF THE SEVERAL PEOPLE THAT YOU THINK I AM. PLEASE ALL OF YOU, STOP SENDING ME UNWANTED MESSAGES.
Hi Steve,

Im not quite sure why these would be coming to you, when Im replying to a query on here i just fill in the reply box & hit submit, it should only go to the person who raised the initial query and, i believe, anyone else who contributes/comments etc etc or just clicks the icon to follow the thread. Maybe check your email & notifications settings in your forum profile dashboard (you should be able get there by clicking on your name at the top right of this screen), maybe you are somehow set up to be notified about an amount of query types, somthing like that maybe?

Apologies mate, but its not intentional & I reckon must be somthing to do with your notification settings on here.

Regards

DJ R.I.P