[preview] Use This Option

• 20 April 2017
  • 3 replies

would i like to know how upload a song, but only let it play a preview of the song.it says [preview].
It will only allow the first 30-50 seconds of the song to be played.
How do i use/get this feature?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

This is currently not something users can set. (I believe you're referring to the 30 seconds previews of tracks that are fully available to SoundCloud Go users only). These tracks are partner content.

A workaround for that would be to upload a snippet, and add a buy button with the hyperlink to where users can buy the full song (if you have set up a service for that, such as bandcamp for instance).

Best
Mathis
Hi Mathis,

As mentioned in the above post and another one I found in the community we would like to upload snippets and add a buy button with a link to our website. Can you explain us how to do this?
Thanks in advance. Have a nice day.

@DJ Computer Love - a more manual way to present previews to your audience is to upload an actual preview of your track - export 30 sec. or so from your project and upload it. You can then provide a buy link and explain in the track description that the entire track can be purchased on your personal website.
Hi there,

This is currently not something users can set. (I believe you're referring to the 30 seconds previews of tracks that are fully available to SoundCloud Go users only). These tracks are partner content.

A workaround for that would be to upload a snippet, and add a buy button with the hyperlink to where users can buy the full song (if you have set up a service for that, such as bandcamp for instance).

Best
Mathis

I've been looking for this answer for a few months now. Thanks Mathis. I know you won't reply to this next comment, but entitlement issues. That's all I'm going to say as far as every other posting on this preview option. I'll def take the snippet / buy link under advisement A$AP Rocky lol. I totally just realized after like 4 years of Soundcloud activity that I can control the Metadata, Permissions etc. in each track. That is such a help, esp if I'm posting remixes or noncommercial postings. To separate them from those that I'm actually selling, or would like to profit from independently because they're mine. Between this, Bandcamp and Patreon .. You can truly work magic. Other social media is all fake. Everybody wants FREE. Unreal, it's just unreal.

Thanks again, bro. Mathis4SoundCloudPresident