Answered

Problem to upload from a windows phone

• 29 November 2015
  • 1 reply

I got the error "System.OutOfMemoryException" when I trying to upload a track from a windows phone.
The track has 25 min. long and I can play it from the phone, but I can't find the path to copy this to a PC.
How can I solve this matter?
On wait for comments, thanks.
icon

Best answer by Alias AM 30 November 2015, 13:43

Hi there,

An OutOfMemoryException is thrown when your device does not have enough memory to continue with an operation. You are probably getting this Exception because your cell phone has a very small amount of temporary storage compared to a computer. Since the track is sort of long, your phone may not have enough RAM to "hold" the track as it gets moved from your phone to the Soundcloud uploader (Your RAM doesn't really hold the info, it's just tricky to explain). Your best bet would be do find a way to transfer the track to your computer and then upload it from there.

Sorry for the trouble, let me know how it works out
Andrew (Alias AM)
View original

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Hi there,

An OutOfMemoryException is thrown when your device does not have enough memory to continue with an operation. You are probably getting this Exception because your cell phone has a very small amount of temporary storage compared to a computer. Since the track is sort of long, your phone may not have enough RAM to "hold" the track as it gets moved from your phone to the Soundcloud uploader (Your RAM doesn't really hold the info, it's just tricky to explain). Your best bet would be do find a way to transfer the track to your computer and then upload it from there.

Sorry for the trouble, let me know how it works out
Andrew (Alias AM)