Question

Processing fail - and recordings on Android are not showing up

• 27 May 2019
  • 1 reply

Hi, I recorded an audio this morning using my Android app, clicked upload, and it showed only the first 3 minutes of sound followed by 12 minutes of silence. So I re-recorded it and the same thing happened -- this time it will play 6 minutes of audio then the rest is silent. It seems like this must be happening in the processing on Soundcloud?

I thought I'd look up the original file on my phone and see if it was saved there, but when I go into Android/data/com.soundcloud.android/files/recordings the folder is empty.

Do the files just vanish? or is there a way to set it up so the original is saved on my phone? I've just lost 2 recordings and can't keep this up if this is going to be the trend. Any suggestions? Thanks!

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Hmm, sorry you're experiencing this. I'm afraid the recording functionalities on the mobile apps have not been developed or supported further by SoundCloud. If this is subject to change in the future, we'll be sure to let our users know.

If you've tried reinstalling the app and this still isn't working properly I'd recommend to look for a third party app that has SoundCloud upload integrated, or record your tracks on a computer, for instance Audacity, edit to taste, export, then upload through your web browser.

I understand this is making things a bit more complicated, but I hope this helps.

Cheers
Mathis