Question

Promoted Track Confusion

• 17 July 2019
  • 0 replies

So let me start by addressing some things.
  1. Why is it that soundcloud has a 0 tolerance law against promoting outside of soundcloud but don't offer any type of Campaign/Promotion to independent artists? You guys want to complain about bots being used funny thing about that is if you had a promotion tool to gain exposure on soundcloud artists would stop getting ripped off.
  2. Lets talk your premier program trust me when i say iv reached out to soundcloud for 4 years with excuses like
YOU NEED A BIG FOLLOWING
YOUR ON THE WAITING LIST
WE WILL BE EXPANDING

Yet 4 years later the same results still stand. See i left soundcloud now im back using it. My problem and what i need help with is
Why are you guys stalling independent artist from expanding their fan-base clearly you have the ability to let artist reach thousands if not more then that. But lets talk about the reason i think you do it is it possibly because Soundcloud makes all their revenue off artists/creators not listeners. Creators with the pro accounts and all that. Or is it that Creators become fans of bigger more popular Creators in witch you would be making money off artists that listen to bigger artists. Again you make money off Creators not listeners. See i have done back to back research on soundcloud lets just say you guys make sure you stall alot of creators because without them you wont have listeners. Witch leads me to your bad tactics that artists need to be aware of is that you are making sure alot of creators dont land on the premier program in order to make sure they stay below the surface. Because if you gave all artists the ability to build a fan-base with the promoted track option they would leave with their fan-base and soundcloud would have no reason to exist. This is wrong i been denied over and over. 1 time it was because my following was too low then i saw a profile with 200 followers and they had the premier account no cover art on their profile no music but you let them join. Step up you say your a artist friendly platform then help artists give them the ability to use the promoted track feature i don't care about your premier program all i want and what i think artists deserve to have access to is the Promoted Track Feature. Its wrong how your running your business holding artists back for your own benefits.
STEP UP SOUNDCLOUD BE THE FUTURE!!!

0 replies

Be the first to reply!