Answered

Question about SoundCloud Premier distribution?

• 24 May 2019
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Hi.
Can someone please help Me out with this question.
I use TuneCore as My publisher at the moment. Can I still submit My music for SoundCoud Distribution?
icon

Best answer by Mathis 3 June 2019, 15:31

Hi there,

You can distribute via multiple distributors, however won't be able to do so with the same music. (Otherwise, Streaming services like Spotify would receive similar content from different sources, and that would create a conflict on their backend).

If you're considering to move your previously distributed content to SoundCloud, this is also possible, however you'd have to remove the content from your current distributor first, then distribute with SoundCloud. If this is something you're considering, my advice would be to test the distribution features SoundCloud offers with one new track or release first, then consider if it makes sense to move previous content too.

Hope this makes sense. Happy distributing 😉
View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

You can distribute via multiple distributors, however won't be able to do so with the same music. (Otherwise, Streaming services like Spotify would receive similar content from different sources, and that would create a conflict on their backend).

If you're considering to move your previously distributed content to SoundCloud, this is also possible, however you'd have to remove the content from your current distributor first, then distribute with SoundCloud. If this is something you're considering, my advice would be to test the distribution features SoundCloud offers with one new track or release first, then consider if it makes sense to move previous content too.

Hope this makes sense. Happy distributing 😉
Userlevel 1
Hi there,

Hope this makes sense. Happy distributing ;-)

Alright. Thank You for clarifying this. 🙂
Same question here
Userlevel 1
No one knows the answer or the help section is a ghost town?