Question

Reaper to Soundcloud Processing

• 22 November 2016
  • 5 replies

I made a song on Reaper, and consolidated/exported the song in .wav, and tried to upload it. I've tried saving it in multiple ways and uploading it several times, but each attempt is stuck in processing. Anyone know what might be happening?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Hmm, from what I can see from my end, your SoundCloud account settings should be alright. Can you play the track in a media player on your computer after exporting, such as iTunes, VLC media player, etc.?
I'm having the same problem ! And I can play it perfectly fine through reaper but it's stuck in processing on sound cloud ...every single track is stuck in processing
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
I'm having the same problem ! And I can play it perfectly fine through reaper but it's stuck in processing on sound cloud ...every single track is stuck in processing

Hi King Koleman,

What will be more important to check is if you can play the audio file you've exported from Reaper, for instance in iTunes. You cannot upload the actual project file to SoundCloud, it will have to be a compatible audio format.

For compatible audio formats, please see here on our Help Center.
I'm trying to upload the save project from reaper its in WAV format I even tried MP3 and they still won't upload please help people are waiting on me to put this music up!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
I'm trying to upload the save project from reaper its in WAV format I even tried MP3 and they still won't upload please help people are waiting on me to put this music up!!

Hi again,

Sorry, I've looked into this from our backend, and "Take No Loss (Ft.Flackdontcrack)" for instance is an .rpp file, which is probably the Reaper project file, rather than a .wav file.

After you've exported your track to your hard drive, can you see the file extension, or is this information hidden for you? (depending on your operating system and settings, this might be either way).

Hope this helps to get to the bottom of this :-)

Cheers
Mathis