Question

Register a new app

• 16 February 2018
  • 3 replies

Hi there,

the register a new app Feature is Currently unavailable, can anyone say how long "currently" is or is any other possibility to get the Client ID/Secret.

greatings
Matthias

3 replies

I have the same question. I would like to use some API's to check the validity of sound cloud embeds on my website but apparently I need a client ID to use the API's. I don't want to embed anything on my site that I cannot verify in a batch job that runs from time to time and uses the API to verify that the videos/playlists are still valid and available: I don't want broken/deleted video embeds. I do the same technique with youtube. In any case, it seems app registration has been disabled for a LONG time. Any updates? THANKS.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Unfortunately, the API registration is currently closed, and there are no immediate plans to open this up again. If this changes in the future, we will be sure to let our community know.

Cheers
Mathis
Hey Guys!

I see this has been down for past year. We have been using soundcloud for many years, and have multiple paid accounts. Would love to know if this is gonna open up soon? or since we have an app already we could create another Api app.

I have another company that need to have an app to tie in to this, so i can play my product demos etc.. And I dont want to use https://hearthis.at/, or other servises. if i can get this moving. Let me know!