Question

Release Date keeps changing in Metadata

• 24 June 2018
  • 3 replies

I swear I set a release date, and it changes. numerous times. My last track I posted had a scheduled release time of this morning at 7:00AM on 24 June (-5 Chicago) and I set the release date in the metadata as 24 June. I even had to set the date TWICE because the first time it set itself to 23 June.

Today I wake to see the date is now 22 June. This screws up my podcast feed. I am particular about my podcast schedule and this just throws me.

Thoughts?

3 replies

This happens to me as well. Has been happening for as long as I can remember.

Any time I edit any metadata directly on a track, the release date moves forward 1 day. I have also noticed that when selecting the date from the dropdown calendar, sometimes it picks the prior day instead of the correct one. I suspect it has something to do with some poor date localization happening in the UI.

Just to note, this date change occurs when you first click edit, so it's happening when the UI parses the server data to present it in the form field. If you make a metadata change, you have to make sure to reset the release date back to the correct date before saving.

It's quite annoying to have the release dates constantly changing though.
“It's quite annoying to have the release dates constantly changing though.”

An understatement to be sure!

This bug/design flaw is such BS!👎🏻👎🏽👎🏿
Userlevel 1

The release date bug has apparently existed for over 4 years and been reported many times:

https://community.soundcloud.com/desktop-230066/playlist-release-date-and-buy-link-issue-6793162

Still here in 2020. Pretty funny if it weren’t so annoying and pitiful it still hasn’t been fixed.