Question

Replace file

• 30 April 2016
  • 5 replies

The replace button it's like playing lottery. 8 times out of 10 it doesn't work...please solve that issue, otherwise my pro membership doesn't make any sense...

If I push the button a new page will open "edit-classic" and when I press the button there nothing happend only the url changed to edit-classic#...

and 2 times out of 10 everthing just works fine...

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
It happens with every file, every song....sometimes at night, sometimes thru the day...no concept behind it...but I've found the solution....With firefox it works fine. I use Safari, then I have the problem..the only strange thing is that it works sometimes with safari and sometimes not, with exact same files?!?!
Hi again,

Thanks for letting us know. Replacing files still lives on an older system on our backend and requires Flash. I would believe this to be the root cause of the issue. You can try the following: In Safari's preferences - advanced, there's an entry called "Stop plug-ins to save power". Try disabling that, restart your browser, then try again.

Hope this helps. I'll make sure to pass on your report to our engineers as well.

Best
Mathis
It happens with every file, every song....sometimes at night, sometimes thru the day...no concept behind it...but I've found the solution....With firefox it works fine. I use Safari, then I have the problem..the only strange thing is that it works sometimes with safari and sometimes not, with exact same files?!?!
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi again,

Sorry to hear this is still not working for you. If you continue to experience this with a particular file, can you send the file our way (via WeTransfer or any similar service) and provide info on which track you want to replace? This way we can investigate this for you further. I've set this conversation to private now so any links you send our way aren't publicly available.

Cheers
Mathis
absolutely nothing changed same lottery problem. Sometimes it works most of the time it doesn't... If the replace button would work soundcloud would be perfect...but at the moment it drives me crazy...
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Sorry to hear that. Replacing files currently still lives on an older infrastructure, hence you're seeing "edit-classic" being indicated. I've forwarded your feedback to the relevant product team.

In the meantime, I recommend you to run our basic troubleshooting steps to optimize your browser when attempting to replace a file in the future.

Actually, try and use the private mode / incognito mode in your browser. In Chrome, unless otherwise set up, disables all extensions in that mode too, and you have a fresh and empty cache in that mode.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Mathis