Question

Some people have remixes of songs I can't HOW?

• 4 November 2017
  • 5 replies

Okay so I've been trying to upload my remix of Sam Smith's Too Good at goodbyes yet im constantly being told copyright. How the hell are there other remixes out there on soundcloud that aren't official ones? How is it fair that mine isn't allowed to be up, it's ridiculous and adds to the stupidity of the music industry, how the hell can anyone prove they're any good if they cannot upload their work. I'm not trying to make any damn money, please help or at least help me understand why others can have theirs up without the official permission and I cannot

5 replies

Okay so I've been trying to upload my remix of Sam Smith's Too Good at goodbyes yet im constantly being told copyright. How the hell are there other remixes out there on soundcloud that aren't official ones? How is it fair that mine isn't allowed to be up, it's ridiculous and adds to the stupidity of the music industry, how the hell can anyone prove they're any good if they cannot upload their work. I'm not trying to make any damn money, please help or at least help me understand why others can have theirs up without the official permission and I cannot

Same thing happens on my other SoundCloud account. I wish someone would cut this copyright BS, at least for producers who aren’t doing this for money and rather for the love of music and creating a good beat.

Soundcloud has become increasingly more toxic for artists and it’s becoming a problem felt by all their users.

If you find a workaround, please message me and let me know.
same here.. guess my 3-4 months of work to remix the gorillaz - saturnz barz wasn't worth it..i was so hyped yesterday that i finally finished it and tried to upload it..sc would take it down and then send me message ''Hi WiFLEX''.. idk why not saying anything about copyright.. it just would take it down..i heard others would pitch the whole song down like 4-7 semitones and it worked but didnt worked for me.. the worst thing was that i searched up for other remixes of the same song and i found a bunch of bootlegs and remixes all unofficial.. soundcloud do something we arent trying to make money,just share our work to other people and get some plays. i have like 100 followers why do you get so toxic with such small artists that tryna grow..it doesnt make sense..
Userlevel 2
What if the original artists don't want their work remixed by you?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Please see here for general information about copyrights, remixes, etc. https://help.soundcloud.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003446427-Your-remix-was-taken-down-for-copyright-infringement

If you have further questions on the subject matter, please reach out to our Copyrights team directly.

All the best
Mathis
What if the original artists don't want their work remixed by you?
I think the point of the OP was, why are other home producer/remixers allowed to do their remix or bootleg of a song and have them posted and not removed yet their remix/bootleg is not allowed.