Answered

Soundcloud cache of songs not updating on mobile Soundcloud

• 9 December 2016
  • 6 replies

When I replace a track with an updated version of the track, the track plays the old version on Soundcloud for mobile. I have tried pulling down the screen to refresh etc but it still plays the old version. Can you please fix this problem. thanks.
icon

Best answer by music of plexus 16 December 2016, 22:25

The only solution I have found is to delete the app and reinstall it. Hopefully Soundcloud fixes this soon. Soundcloud?
View original

6 replies

Any fix for this yet? Also having a problem.
The only solution I have found is to delete the app and reinstall it. Hopefully Soundcloud fixes this soon. Soundcloud?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

We've made our engineers aware of this being an issue. It looks like this is not something that affects every user. Our engineers are investigating to find the best solution to hopefully solve this in the future.

Cheers
Mathis
iOS Soundcloud did start updating to the recent track version but now as of 3 March 2017 it stopped updating. now even if I delete the app on both iPhone and iPad and reinstall it will not update to the latest track and plays an older version. Can you please fix this as it is part of my workflow and why I pay for Soundcloud. If this is not fixed soon I will be asking for a partial refund.
Same problem here and this is a mission critical feature for people listening to my tracks as I make changes. I am considering bandcamp as their platform seems to be better in some other ways.
It impacts everybody I know with an iPhone. That is a buttload of people. It's an embarrassing bug that should have been fixed long ago. It's incredibly lame.